St. Cloud Battles to the End, Drops Game One to Willmar
Willmar, MN - Ryan Swanson (North Iowa Area CC) pitched five strong innings, but St. Cloud (8-9) dropped game one of the series to Willmar by a final score of 3-2. Joey Stock (St. Johns) struck out two of the four batters he faced out of the bullpen in the sixth inning.
The Rox got the scoring started in the top of the fourth inning when Jordan Barth (Augustana) drilled an RBI single to right field that scored Brady Harlan (Oklahoma) from second base to go ahead 1-0.
They tacked on another run in the top of the fifth inning when Tyler Finke (Southeastern Louisiana) hit an RBI single that scored Brendan Tinsman (Wake Forest), putting the Rox ahead 2-0.
Following the five innings Swanson pitched in the start, Stock and Blake Stelzer (Concordia-St. Paul) saw action out of the bullpen.
For the full box score from tonight's game, click here.
The Rox will take on the Stingers on Thursday with first pitch scheduled for 7:05 p.m. from Bill Taunton Stadium.
St. Cloud returns home on Sunday against the Duluth Huskies with a 4:05 p.m. first pitch time. It's Father's Day at the ballpark. It's also a Coborn's Kids Day, where children will have the opportunity to run the bases and get autographs on the field after the game.
All single games tickets - including to the home opener - can be purchased now in person at the Rox Ticket Office located at the Municipal Athletic Complex, by calling the Rox Ticket office at 320-240-9798 between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday or 24 hours a day by visiting www.stcloudrox.com.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from June 13, 2019
- Loggers take nightcap 8-5 to split twinbill with Thunder Bay - La Crosse Loggers
- Booyah Comeback and Win Versus Wisconsin - Green Bay Booyah
- Jackrabbits Reduce Ticket Prices - Kokomo Jackrabbits
- Stingers Sweep St. Cloud - Willmar Stingers
- Rafters Storm Back against Fond du Lac - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Miller's Strong Start Guides Buck to Clean Sweep - Waterloo Bucks
- Mallards Sweep Chinooks in Double Header - Madison Mallards
- Booyah Edge Woodchucks by One Run with Help from Relief Pitchers - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Duluth Ends Homestand with 8-0 Loss - Duluth Huskies
- Rafters Host Fond du Lac for Series Opener - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Mallards Compete in a Make up Double Header against Chinooks - Madison Mallards
- Hostetler Powers Bucks to Doubleheader Sweep - Waterloo Bucks
- St. Cloud Battles to the End, Drops Game One to Willmar - St. Cloud Rox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.