South Bay Falls in Road Meeting with the Blue
OKLAHOMA CITY, OK - The South Bay Lakers could not grab their second consecutive road win as they lost to the Oklahoma City Blue, 148-113, on Tuesday night. Devontae Cacok paced the Lakers (11-21) with a career-high-tying 32 points (15-16 FG) and 11 rebounds in 19 minutes off the bench. Abdul Gaddy guided the Blue (15-17) to the win with 22 points and 10 assists.
The Blue opened the game with a 42-29 lead after one, led by 12 points from Devon Hall. Cacok scored six points off the bench for the Lakers to keep them within striking distance. Oklahoma City continued to pull away in the second quarter to take an 85-61 halftime lead. Pierre Jackson led South Bay with 15 points at the break, while the Blue was led by 18 points from Devon Hall.
After three, the Blue led 117-86, but Cacok continued to be a consistent scoring presence with eight points in the third quarter. Antetokounmpo and Cacok each scored eight points in the final frame, but the Blue were able to maintain their lead and grab the win.
Hall led the Blue in scoring with 24 points, while Gaddy and Kevin Hervey (13 points, 12 rebounds) each grabbed a double-double. Devaughn Akoon-Purcell led the second unit with 20 points and Kadeem Jack nearly grabbed a double-double with nine points and 12 rebounds. Vincent Edwards (15 points) and Deonte Burton (15 points, seven rebounds, five assists, two blocks) also scored in double figures for the home team.
Cacok's big night was a bright spot for South Bay, while Kostas Antetokounmpo also tallied a double-double with 14 points, a career-high-tying 14 rebounds and three blocks. Pierre Jackson finished with 15 points and five assists, Talen Horton-Tucker had 14 points and David Stockton also reached double figures with 13 points.
South Bay will now head home to host the Memphis Hustle on Saturday, February 8 at 5:00pm from the UCLA Health Training Center.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 4, 2020
- Wisconsin Drops Third Straight Game with a 117-110 Loss to Long Island - Wisconsin Herd
- South Bay Falls in Road Meeting with the Blue - South Bay Lakers
- Short-Handed Clips Run out of Gas Late - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Rabb Notches Career-High as Knicks Eke out Close Road Win - Westchester Knicks
- Austin Spurs Come Back to Defeat Agua Caliente Clippers 114-103 - Austin Spurs
- Memphis Hustle to Host Financial Literacy Education Day Game Presented by Renasant Bank on Thursday, February 6 at 10:30 a.m. - Memphis Hustle
- Iowa Runs out of Gas in Final Minutes to Westchester - Iowa Wolves
- BayHawks Fall 99-121 During Annual School Kids Jam Game - Erie BayHawks
- The Sold Firm, Blue Coats to Team up for "Art Madness" - Delaware Blue Coats
- Greensboro Completes Trade with Stockton - Greensboro Swarm
- Legends Join with Texas811 to Celebrate Damage Prevention Council of Texas Night - Texas Legends
- Stars Lose Heartbreaker to Skyforce - Salt Lake City Stars
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.