BayHawks Fall 99-121 During Annual School Kids Jam Game
ERIE, PA - The Lakeland Magic (19-13) started Tuesday's contest on a 26-7 run and never looked back, as they defeated the Erie BayHawks (9-22), 121-99, during the BayHawks annual School Kids Jam game.
Melvin Frazier Jr. defined efficiency for the Magic, as he notched a double-double with 23 points, on a perfect 11-11 shooting from the field, and 10 rebounds in 35 minutes. Frazier became the third player in G League history to notch a 20pt-10reb game on 100% shooting (min. 10 att.), joining Malcolm Thomas (2012) and Joey Dorsey (2010).
The BayHawks couldn't find the bottom of the net in the first half, as they tallied a season-low 32 points on 11-40 (.275) shooting from the field. No player for Erie eclipsed double figures in scoring in the first half, as Josh Gray and Vitto Brown both tallied eight first-half points.
Lakeland guard Josh Magette produced another double-double against his former team, as the league-leader in assists (10.1 APG) registered 20 points and a game-high 13 assists in 34 minutes. Magette totaled 14 points and five assists in the first half, leading the Magic to a 65-32 halftime lead.
The final 24 minutes saw a different side from Erie, however, as the BayHawks would score a season-high 67 second-half points. Gray, who finished the night with a near-triple double (19 PTS, 11 AST, 9 REB), recorded 11 points on 5-7 shooting, nine assists, four rebounds and three steals in the second half alone.
Brown made the most of his second-half minutes as well, contributing 11 points on 3-3 shooting (2-2 3FG) and four rebounds during that span. Erie would end up edging the Magic 67-56 in the second half, besting them in field goal percentage (.600-.511), turnovers forced (10-3) and points off turnovers (18-6).
Following today's contest, the BayHawks have three-days off before a Saturday evening matchup with the Capital City Go-Go. Tip is set for 7 p.m. in the nation's capital.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 4, 2020
- Wisconsin Drops Third Straight Game with a 117-110 Loss to Long Island - Wisconsin Herd
- South Bay Falls in Road Meeting with the Blue - South Bay Lakers
- Short-Handed Clips Run out of Gas Late - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Rabb Notches Career-High as Knicks Eke out Close Road Win - Westchester Knicks
- Austin Spurs Come Back to Defeat Agua Caliente Clippers 114-103 - Austin Spurs
- Memphis Hustle to Host Financial Literacy Education Day Game Presented by Renasant Bank on Thursday, February 6 at 10:30 a.m. - Memphis Hustle
- Iowa Runs out of Gas in Final Minutes to Westchester - Iowa Wolves
- BayHawks Fall 99-121 During Annual School Kids Jam Game - Erie BayHawks
- The Sold Firm, Blue Coats to Team up for "Art Madness" - Delaware Blue Coats
- Greensboro Completes Trade with Stockton - Greensboro Swarm
- Legends Join with Texas811 to Celebrate Damage Prevention Council of Texas Night - Texas Legends
- Stars Lose Heartbreaker to Skyforce - Salt Lake City Stars
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Erie BayHawks Stories
- BayHawks Kabasele to Have Season Ending Surgery
- BayHawks Swat the Storm, Win 134-129
- BayHawks Falter in Second Half, Fall 116-117 to Long Island
- BayHawks to Recognize Those Affected by Breast Cancer on March 7
- Pelicans Assign Nickeil Alexander-Walker to Erie BayHawks