Legends Join with Texas811 to Celebrate Damage Prevention Council of Texas Night
FRISCO, TX - The Texas Legends will join with long-time partners, Texas811, to celebrate a night close to the organization's heart. Damage Prevention Council of Texas night, presented by Texas811, will highlight some of the unsung heroes of our community.
Texas811 is the nonprofit one-call contact center for disaster prevention when digging. The company creates tickets that alert nearby utility companies to go to the caller's site and mark any underground utilities, preventing damages and injuries to both businesses and the general public.
"We've worked with Texas811 for years, and when we first met, I thought of them more as a tool strictly for the construction industry," said Legends President/General Manager Malcolm Farmer. "The more stories I hear, the more I've realized they're almost more necessary for the general public, and the work they do is critical in keeping people safe."
The Damage Prevention Council of Texas is a non-profit, supported by Texas811, that promotes both damage prevention and safety practices for underground facilities across the state. DPCT and Texas811 partner in their missions to keep the public safe. DPCT works to educate the community on safety practices and the need for services such as 811.
"Partnering with the Legends has allowed us to bring awareness not just to 811, but to DPCT," said Texas811 President and CEO Chris Stovall. "We get to utilize our game to celebrate our staff and board and educate the Legends fan base on the importance of Texas811 and DPCT to public safety."
On Thursday, Feb. 6th, the Legends will suit up in custom jerseys highlighting both Texas811 and the Damage Prevention Council of Texas. The night will feature safety videos and educational pieces and will shine a spotlight on volunteers from DPCT who are using their platform to create positive change in the community.
The Legends will take on the Agua Caliente Clippers that night, with the matchup tipping off at 7:00pm CT. For tickets or information call 214-469-0822 or visit www.TexLegends.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 4, 2020
- Wisconsin Drops Third Straight Game with a 117-110 Loss to Long Island - Wisconsin Herd
- South Bay Falls in Road Meeting with the Blue - South Bay Lakers
- Short-Handed Clips Run out of Gas Late - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Rabb Notches Career-High as Knicks Eke out Close Road Win - Westchester Knicks
- Austin Spurs Come Back to Defeat Agua Caliente Clippers 114-103 - Austin Spurs
- Memphis Hustle to Host Financial Literacy Education Day Game Presented by Renasant Bank on Thursday, February 6 at 10:30 a.m. - Memphis Hustle
- Iowa Runs out of Gas in Final Minutes to Westchester - Iowa Wolves
- BayHawks Fall 99-121 During Annual School Kids Jam Game - Erie BayHawks
- The Sold Firm, Blue Coats to Team up for "Art Madness" - Delaware Blue Coats
- Greensboro Completes Trade with Stockton - Greensboro Swarm
- Legends Join with Texas811 to Celebrate Damage Prevention Council of Texas Night - Texas Legends
- Stars Lose Heartbreaker to Skyforce - Salt Lake City Stars
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Texas Legends Stories
- Legends Host Drive-Up COVID-19 Food Drive Presented by Kia
- Legends Launch Community Spotlight Series
- Matt Doherty Joins Legends for Virtual Pursuing Excellence Event
- Legends Host Virtual P.E. Classes for Local School Districts
- Legends Host First Ever Virtual Pursuing Excellence Event with Special Guest Houston Nutt