Rabb Notches Career-High as Knicks Eke out Close Road Win
DES MOINES, IA - Ivan Rabb of the Westchester Knicks, the official NBA G League affiliate of the New York Knicks, piloted a class of three 20-point scorers for his career day as the Knicks negated double-digit deficits in a 126-123 victory over the Iowa Wolves Tuesday morning at Wells Fargo Center. The team sank a season-high 16 free throws while committing a season-low seven turnovers.
Through the first 24 minutes, the Knicks (16-16) uncharacteristically went just 2-of-11 from beyond the arc (18.2%). Conversely, this led to Iowa's (14-17) plus-18 first-half advantage on the boards. Despite being edged on the glass, the Knicks' defense was still evident by the Wolves' nine miscues. Committing just two of their own, the Knicks only relinquished five points while benefitting 13.
A big third quarter by Rabb helped cut the foe's quarter lead to just a two-possession game, 98-92, by the fourth quarter's start. The center scored 15 of his 21 second-half points in the frame which included a 5-of-6 showing from the field. Ignas Brazdeikis also found his scoring touch, chipping in nine points on 80-percent.
Down nine a minute into the fourth, 103-94, Westchester outscored the Wolves 21-12, in a seven-minute span to tie the contest at 115-up. Jaylen Nowell credited a pair of makes to push the hosts back up five quickly and Jaylen Johnson's reverse at the cup encouraged the point advantage, 122-117, with less than two minutes to go which prompted the Knicks to talk things over.
Out of the break, Rabb battled for a putback but an ill-advised put Iowa on the line where it converted one. Soon after, Lindell Wigginton fouled Kadeem Allen on deep heave and the Two-Way player cashed in on all three tries. With momentum, Allen continued to surge Westchester on offense tallying the team's last seven points including a perfect showing at the stripe, to seal the Knicks' comeback victory.
Rabb's 33-point superlative accompanied a game-high 13 rebounds which included five on the offensive end. Allen and New York Knicks' assignee Brazdeikis mirrored 24 points apiece. Allen also tied a game-high seven helpers. Zak Irvin contributed 23 points missing just two of his 11 attempts on the day.
Nowell ended with 26 points and drained six treys on 66-percent. Tyus Battle concluded with 23 points while James Webb III notched a 14-point 10-rebound double-double.
Westchester travels to Fort Wayne to take on the Mad Ants, Thursday, February 6 at 11:00 AM ET.
Ivan Rabb Goes Off for 33 Points in Knicks Comeback Win - https://youtu.be/mwMxK64oeoA
Ignas Brazdeikis Nets 24 points in Westchester Win - https://youtu.be/44HvBYefH3o Kadeem
Allen Puts Up 24 Points and 7 Assists - https://youtu.be/S9jiOuwDAJs
For information on Knicks' season ticket packages, fans may visit www.WestchesterKnicks.com or contact the sales office at (914) 559-6889 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 4, 2020
- Wisconsin Drops Third Straight Game with a 117-110 Loss to Long Island - Wisconsin Herd
- South Bay Falls in Road Meeting with the Blue - South Bay Lakers
- Short-Handed Clips Run out of Gas Late - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Rabb Notches Career-High as Knicks Eke out Close Road Win - Westchester Knicks
- Austin Spurs Come Back to Defeat Agua Caliente Clippers 114-103 - Austin Spurs
- Memphis Hustle to Host Financial Literacy Education Day Game Presented by Renasant Bank on Thursday, February 6 at 10:30 a.m. - Memphis Hustle
- Iowa Runs out of Gas in Final Minutes to Westchester - Iowa Wolves
- BayHawks Fall 99-121 During Annual School Kids Jam Game - Erie BayHawks
- The Sold Firm, Blue Coats to Team up for "Art Madness" - Delaware Blue Coats
- Greensboro Completes Trade with Stockton - Greensboro Swarm
- Legends Join with Texas811 to Celebrate Damage Prevention Council of Texas Night - Texas Legends
- Stars Lose Heartbreaker to Skyforce - Salt Lake City Stars
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.