South Bay Blows by Wolves in Fourth Quarter to Grab Road Win
DES MOINES, IA - The South Bay Lakers overcame a 21-point second-half deficit to pull out a 152-148 win over the Iowa Wolves on Sunday afternoon. A 21-point, 13-rebound double-double from Devontae Cacok and a season-high 28 points from Wayne Selden Jr. led the Lakers (15-22) to the comeback victory. Barry Brown paced the Wolves (17-21) with 35 points.
After one, South Bay held a slight 41-40 lead thanks to a combined 22 points from Kostas Antetokounmpo and Cacok in the opening frame. Iowa pulled ahead in the second quarter to take a 76-67 halftime lead.
The Wolves extended their lead after three, 118-105, as Jordan Murphy scored 11 points in the third quarter. Selden Jr. erupted in the fourth quarter, scoring 18 points (5-5 3FG) in the frame, as the Lakers outscored their opponent, 47-30, in the fourth quarter to come away with the victory on the road.
Brown's game-high 35 points paced the Wolves and Omari Spellman finished with 32 points and nine rebounds. Canyon Barry scored 16 points and Murphy finished the night with 15 of his own. Trevon Duval (14 points) and Tyus Battle (10 points) also scored in double figures for Iowa.
Cacok's 21st double-double of the season guided the Lakers, while Selden Jr. scored a season-best 28 points (7-10 3FG) off the bench. Reggie Hearn and David Stockton each scored 23 points, while Antetokounmpo finished with 19 points. Pierre Jackson scored 16 points with two rebounds, four assists and five steals and Talen Horton-Tucker rounded out the double-digit scorers with 10 points, five rebounds and five assists.
South Bay returns home to face the Santa Cruz Warriors on Wednesday, February 27th at 7:00pm from the UCLA Health Training Center.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 23, 2020
- Bulls Come Back from 19 Down to Grab Third Straight Victory - Windy City Bulls
- Lakers Come from Behind Victory Spoils Brown's Big Day - Iowa Wolves
- South Bay Blows by Wolves in Fourth Quarter to Grab Road Win - South Bay Lakers
- Knicks Endure Five-Point Setback to Maine - Westchester Knicks
- Drive Score 48 in the 4th to Wrangle the Herd - Grand Rapids Drive
- Wade's Career High Leads Canton by Fort Wayne - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Charge Roll On - Canton Charge
- Grand Rapids' Fourth Quarter Comeback Downs Herd - Wisconsin Herd
- Long Island Nets Waive Phil Cofer - Long Island Nets
- Davis Drops 43 to Lead Short-Handed Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Warriors Drop Close One to Kings, 110-1105 - Santa Cruz Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.