Charge Roll On
FORT WAYNE, IN - The Canton Charge (24-13) grabbed their third straight win and fourth in the last five games after a 124-113 victory over the Fort Wayne Mad Ants (18-20) at the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum on Sunday afternoon.
The Charge were paced by seven players in double figures and Dean Wade's season-high 29 points, eight rebounds, four steals and three blocks. Muhammad-Ali Abdur-Rahkman (18 points, four assists), Sheldon Mac (18 points, two steals) and Marques Bolden (18 points, three blocks) all bolstered Canton's team effort. Third in the League in blocks, Sir'Dominic Pointer added two more to go along with 12 points and five boards. Matt Mooney added 15 points and nine boards while Malik Newman netted 11 points and nine assists.
Coming into tonight as the fifth-best three-point shooting team in the League, the Mad Ants were limited to just 6-of-28 (21%) behind the arc today. Brian Bowen II netted a game-high 34 points and seven rebounds in 47 minutes. Former Charge guard Scoochie Smith scored nine points, dished out seven assists and grabbed four steals in the loss. Travin Thibodeaux (14 points, 13 rebounds) and Ben Moore (14 points, 11 rebounds) both posted double-doubles for Fort Wayne.
Canton begins a four-game homestand with OH Lottery WINSday this Tuesday, February 25th at 7:00 p.m. against the College Park Skyhawks! There is no better time than now to join Charge Nation! Become a 2020-21 Charge Nation member and attend the rest of this season for FREE! You'll also receive complimentary Cavs and Monsters tickets plus tons more added value! For more info, find us at a game, visit www.CantonCharge.com or call 866-444-1944. The Canton Charge are part of the Cleveland Cavaliers organization and are also owned by a group led by Cavaliers Chairman and Quicken Loans Founder and Chairman Dan Gilbert. The group also owns and operates the Cleveland Monsters of the American Hockey League, who play their games at Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse in downtown Cleveland.
Fans can stay up-to-date on team news by following the team at: @CantonCharge on Twitter at www.twitter.com/CantonCharge and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/CantonCharge. Fans can download the new Canton Charge App on their smartphone via the iTunes Store or Google Play Store.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 23, 2020
- Bulls Come Back from 19 Down to Grab Third Straight Victory - Windy City Bulls
- Lakers Come from Behind Victory Spoils Brown's Big Day - Iowa Wolves
- South Bay Blows by Wolves in Fourth Quarter to Grab Road Win - South Bay Lakers
- Knicks Endure Five-Point Setback to Maine - Westchester Knicks
- Drive Score 48 in the 4th to Wrangle the Herd - Grand Rapids Drive
- Wade's Career High Leads Canton by Fort Wayne - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Charge Roll On - Canton Charge
- Grand Rapids' Fourth Quarter Comeback Downs Herd - Wisconsin Herd
- Long Island Nets Waive Phil Cofer - Long Island Nets
- Davis Drops 43 to Lead Short-Handed Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Warriors Drop Close One to Kings, 110-1105 - Santa Cruz Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.