Warriors Drop Close One to Kings, 110-1105
SANTA CRUZ, CA - The Santa Cruz Warriors (19-17) lost to the Stockton Kings (20-16), 110-105, with first place in the Pacific Division on the line. The Warriors and Kings split the season series 2-2 this year.
Alen Smailagic, on assignment from Golden State, finished the night with eight points and eight rebounds. Jeremy Pargo led all scorers with 25 points, seven rebounds and four assists.
The game was close throughout, featuring 17 lead changes. Santa Cruz led 59-53 at the half and held an 81-77 edge after three quarters before a fourth quarter that saw seven lead changes. The Warriors led 98-94 with 5:15 remaining in the fourth frame when the Kings went on a 10-0 run to take the lead for good. Santa Cruz cut the Stockton edge to one point, 106-105, with 51 seconds remaining, but the Kings closed out the game at the foul line.
Sacramento two-way players Kyle Guy (22 points) and Daquan Jeffries (23 points) led the way for the Kings.
Newly-acquired Warriors Zach Norvell Jr. and Alex Robinson made their Kaiser Permanente Arena debuts with Santa Cruz. Norvell Jr., acquired via trade from the South Bay Lakers, tallied seven points and six rebounds. Robinson, acquired from the Canton Charge, added two points 10 minutes. Roger Moute a Bidias added 14 points and added three blocks in his 22 minutes of action, while Deyonta Davis recorded his sixth straight double-double with 18 points and 11 rebounds.
The Warriors will next make a trip to Southern California to take on the South Bay Lakers on Wednesday, February 26 at 7 p.m. before returning to Kaiser Permanente Arena on Friday, February 28 versus the Rio Grande Valley Vipers. Santa Cruz will celebrate Black History Month on Friday and the first 1,500 fans will receive a Klay Thompson headband edition bobblehead. Fans can watch the game on NBC Sports Bay Area or stream on Twitch. For more information on the Santa Cruz Warriors 2019-20 NBA G League season, presented by Kaiser Permanente, visit santacruzbasketball.com or call (831) 713-4400.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 23, 2020
- Bulls Come Back from 19 Down to Grab Third Straight Victory - Windy City Bulls
- Lakers Come from Behind Victory Spoils Brown's Big Day - Iowa Wolves
- South Bay Blows by Wolves in Fourth Quarter to Grab Road Win - South Bay Lakers
- Knicks Endure Five-Point Setback to Maine - Westchester Knicks
- Drive Score 48 in the 4th to Wrangle the Herd - Grand Rapids Drive
- Wade's Career High Leads Canton by Fort Wayne - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Charge Roll On - Canton Charge
- Grand Rapids' Fourth Quarter Comeback Downs Herd - Wisconsin Herd
- Long Island Nets Waive Phil Cofer - Long Island Nets
- Davis Drops 43 to Lead Short-Handed Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Warriors Drop Close One to Kings, 110-1105 - Santa Cruz Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Santa Cruz Warriors Stories
- Santa Cruz Warriors Raise over $5,000 for Community Foundation Santa Cruz County COVID-19 Local Response Fund
- Blondie Show at Kaiser Permanente Arena Canceled
- NBA G League Cancels Remainder of 2019-20 Season
- Santa Cruz Warriors Graduation Week, Presented by Santa Cruz County Bank
- Santa Cruz Warriors Release Limited Edition T-Shirt