Long Island Nets Waive Phil Cofer
LONG ISLAND - The Long Island Nets, the NBA G League affiliate of the Brooklyn Nets, have requested waivers on forward Phil Cofer.
Cofer was acquired from the available player pool on Feb. 12 to replace Long Island guard/forward Justin Anderson while he played for USA Basketball in the FIBA AmeriCup Qualifying Games. In one appearance with Long Island, Cofer recorded four points and five rebounds. In 24 games with Long Island and the College Park Skyhawks this season, Cofer has averaged 2.3 points and 2.5 rebounds in 11.0 minutes per game.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 23, 2020
- Bulls Come Back from 19 Down to Grab Third Straight Victory - Windy City Bulls
- Lakers Come from Behind Victory Spoils Brown's Big Day - Iowa Wolves
- South Bay Blows by Wolves in Fourth Quarter to Grab Road Win - South Bay Lakers
- Knicks Endure Five-Point Setback to Maine - Westchester Knicks
- Drive Score 48 in the 4th to Wrangle the Herd - Grand Rapids Drive
- Wade's Career High Leads Canton by Fort Wayne - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Charge Roll On - Canton Charge
- Grand Rapids' Fourth Quarter Comeback Downs Herd - Wisconsin Herd
- Long Island Nets Waive Phil Cofer - Long Island Nets
- Davis Drops 43 to Lead Short-Handed Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Warriors Drop Close One to Kings, 110-1105 - Santa Cruz Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Long Island Nets Stories
- Justin Anderson Named to All-NBA G League Third Team
- Long Island Ends Three-Game Homestand with Loss to Greensboro
- Long Island Nets Fall to Lakeland Despite Second Half Comeback
- Long Island Nets to Host Nassau County AA Boys and Girls Basketball Championships this Sunday, March 8
- Long Island Nets Defeat Delaware for Third-Straight Victory