Bulls Come Back from 19 Down to Grab Third Straight Victory
The Windy City Bulls, presented by BMO Harris Bank, the official G League affiliate of the Chicago Bulls, erased a 19-point deficit to claim a win at home over the Lakeland Magic, 117-110-- their third consecutive victory overall.
In front of a rowdy crowd on Dog Night at Sears Centre Arena, it was an up-and-down tightly contested game in the early going with both teams shooting well from the field in the first quarter, leading to a 29-29 tie after one.
Beginning in the second frame Lakeland began to impose their will down low, putting together a 31-9 push in the opening minutes of the quarter to grab a 19-point lead.
To assemble their run, the Magic used a 29-16 rebounding advantage, a 32-20 lead in points-in-the-paint, 18 points and nine rebounds in the first half from Orlando Magic Assignment player Melvin Frazier Jr. and 16 points from Orlando Magic Two-Way player B.J. Johnson.
Windy City was able to close the gap to 64-50 at halftime behind ten points and three assists from Justin Simon and nine points and five rebounds from Jaron Blossomgame.
The Bulls found their offensive rhythm to open the second half, outscoring the Magic 31-21 in the third while knocking down five three-pointers as a team.
Lakeland could never gather the momentum back as the Bulls turned up the defense as well, forcing 15 Magic turnovers in the second half including nine steals.
Windy City outscored Lakeland by 21 points in the second half to earn the win behind 12 fourth quarter points by Simon.
Simon finished with 24 points on 9-for-16 shooting to go along with seven rebounds, four assists and three steals.
Blossomgame ended with 24 points and 12 rebounds. Milton Doyle had a double-double as well with 15 points, ten assists and five steals.
Windy City (15-21) will play their next three games on the road beginning at the Grand Rapids Drive on Tuesday night.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 23, 2020
- Bulls Come Back from 19 Down to Grab Third Straight Victory - Windy City Bulls
- Lakers Come from Behind Victory Spoils Brown's Big Day - Iowa Wolves
- South Bay Blows by Wolves in Fourth Quarter to Grab Road Win - South Bay Lakers
- Knicks Endure Five-Point Setback to Maine - Westchester Knicks
- Drive Score 48 in the 4th to Wrangle the Herd - Grand Rapids Drive
- Wade's Career High Leads Canton by Fort Wayne - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Charge Roll On - Canton Charge
- Grand Rapids' Fourth Quarter Comeback Downs Herd - Wisconsin Herd
- Long Island Nets Waive Phil Cofer - Long Island Nets
- Davis Drops 43 to Lead Short-Handed Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Warriors Drop Close One to Kings, 110-1105 - Santa Cruz Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Windy City Bulls Stories
- NBA G League Cancels Remainder of 2019-20 Season
- Windy City Bulls Virtual 5K to Benefit the Barn Senior Program of Schaumburg
- Windy City Bulls Player-Designed Shirt Sales to Benefit Local Food Pantry
- Mokoka Leads Windy City to Tough Win over Maine, 120-112
- Bulls Come up Short at Home to Go-Go, 117-108