Solar Bears Re-Sign Hunter Fejes
ORLANDO, Fla. - The Orlando Solar Bears have announced that the club has agreed to terms with forward Hunter Fejes on a Standard Player Contract. Orlando has also released forward Pierre-Luc Mercier.
Fejes (FEE-jiss), 25, returns for his third season with the Solar Bears after beginning the 2019-20 campaign on the roster of the Manitoba Moose of the American Hockey League while on a professional try-out agreement (PTO).
During the 2018-19 season, Fejes suited up in 12 regular season contests with Orlando, producing 15 points (8g-7a) and 17 penalty minutes. He spent the majority of the season in the AHL on PTOs with Manitoba and the Rockford IceHogs, producing eight points (3g-5a) and 24 penalty minutes in 49 combined games. Fejes returned to the Solar Bears during the Kelly Cup Playoffs and led the team in postseason scoring with eight points (7g-1a) and two penalty minutes in eight games. In Orlando's first-round series with the South Carolina Stingrays, Fejes notably scored the game-winning goal for the Solar Bears at 10:23 of the second overtime of Game 3, the longest playoff victory by the team. Following the Solar Bears' elimination in the second round, he also skated in one playoff match with the AHL's Hershey Bears.
In 47 career regular season games with Orlando, the 6-foot-2, 205-pound forward has recorded 47 points (22g-25a) and 64 penalty minutes. He is the team's franchise leader in career playoff goals and points with 17 points (10g-7a) and nine penalty minutes in 17 postseason matches.
In 127 career ECHL games with Orlando, Wheeling and Rapid City, Fejes has 112 career points (56g-56a) and 122 penalty minutes. He has added 13 points (4g-9a) and 47 penalty minutes in 82 career AHL games with Manitoba, Rockford, the Toronto Marlies, Tucson Roadrunners and Springfield Falcons.
Prior to turning pro, Fejes played at Colorado College for four seasons, amassing 56 points (26g-30a) and 95 penalty minutes in 138 games with the Tigers program.
Fejes was a sixth-round selection of the Phoenix Coyotes (#178 overall) in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft.
Mercier, 26, appeared in one game with the Solar Bears this season.
Next Home Game:
The Orlando Solar Bears continue their eighth season of ECHL hockey when they host the Norfolk Admirals on Friday, Oct. 18 at 7 p.m. at the Jewett Orthopaedic Rink at Amway Center. Single-game tickets for Friday and all 2019-20 regular season home games are on sale at the Amway Center box office and Ticketmaster.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 16, 2019
- Admirals Acquire Defenseman Coughlin from Maine - Norfolk Admirals
- ECHL Transactions - October 16 - ECHL
- Guns N' Hoses Saturday, December 14 - Jacksonville IceMen
- Rush Power Play Sludges Oilers for First Win - Rapid City Rush
- Forward Mike Szmatula Returns to Thunder - Adirondack Thunder
- Thunder Begins Road Trip Tonight in Utah - Wichita Thunder
- Solar Bears Re-Sign Hunter Fejes - Orlando Solar Bears
- Steelheads Host Home Opening Weekend this Friday & Saturday - Idaho Steelheads
- Worcester Railers HC Acquire Defenseman Jake Bolton - Worcester Railers HC
- Coach's Show to Debut at Wild Wing Cafe October 21 - South Carolina Stingrays
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.