Sod Poodles Infielder Owen Miller Named Texas League Player of the Week
AMARILLO, Texas - Sod Poodles infielder Owen Miller has been tabbed Texas League Player of the Week for the week of June 10-16, the Texas League announced.
On the one-year anniversary week of his signing with the San Diego Padres, the Wisconsin native batted .565 (13-for-23) over six games with a double, home run, four RBI, four runs, one walk, and only struck out twice.
The 22-year-old, who was named a mid-season All-Star for a second consecutive season, was signed to his first professional contract out of Illinois State just over a year ago on June 14, 2018. On June 14, 2019, Miller collected three hits and one night later, went 4-for-5 with three RBI, marking his fourth-career four-hit game in 139 professional games.
Drafted in the 3rd round by San Diego in 2018, Miller is currently batting .317 over 65 games so far in 2019. He currently leads the Texas League in hits (83) and is second in all of Double-A baseball at that mark. He is also third in average (.317), seventh in on-base percentage (.373), and tied for eighth in doubles (14).
Miller was voted as a Mid-Season All-Star with Short-season Tri-City last season in his first professional season. This season, he was voted as the Texas League's Southern Division Mid-Season All-Star shortstop.
Miller is the third Sod Poodles player in the franchise to earn the league's weekly top player award. The weekly honor marks the first of his career.
Images from this story
Amarillo Sod Poodles infielder Owen Miller
• Discuss this story on the Texas League message board...
Texas League Stories from June 17, 2019
- Tulsa Defeats Frisco to Close out Half - Tulsa Drillers
- Riders Bid for First-Half Title Falls Short in Tulsa - Frisco RoughRiders
- Dozier Drives in a Pair But Naturals Fall in First Half Finale - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- Hooks, Toro Bull Past Travs - Arkansas Travelers
- Hooks Close First Half with Win Behind Bailey, McHugh - Corpus Christi Hooks
- Austin Warner Named Texas League Pitcher of the Week - Springfield Cardinals
- Sod Poodles Infielder Owen Miller Named Texas League Player of the Week - Amarillo Sod Poodles
- Homestand Highlights: June 17 - June 23 - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- Hounds Drop Series Finale to Travelers - Midland RockHounds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Amarillo Sod Poodles Stories
- Miller's 11th Inning Walk-Off Blast Secures Sod Poodles Series Victory over Naturals
- Sod Poodles Bachar, Castillo Sweep Texas League Weekly Honors
- Bachar Quiets Naturals in 7-0 Shutout Victory to Mark Sod Poodles 50th Win
- Sod Poodles' Morejon, Baez Receive First Call-Ups by San Diego Padres
- Castillo Homers, Extends Hit Streak to 17 Games in Sod Poodles 14-3 Loss to Naturals