Skyforce Acquire Marcus Posley
SIOUX FALLS, SD - The Sioux Falls Skyforce announced today that the team has acquired Marcus Posley via returning player rights. Sioux Falls was able to add Posley after temporarily losing guard DeAndre Liggins to the USA Basketball World Cup Qualifying roster.
Posley appeared in 47 games (17 starts) for the Skyforce during the 2016-17 season, averaging 9.7 points, 2.1 assists and 2.0 rebounds in just under 25 minutes per game. Posley converted a team-leading 98 three-pointers that season, including a career-high seven made three-pointers on December 28, 2016 against the South Bay Lakers.
The 2016 St. Bonaventure graduate was drafted by Sioux Falls in the second round (22nd overall) of the 2016 NBA G League Draft, and after spending a season with the Skyforce decided to head overseas during the 2017-18 season. In 26 appearances (23 starts) for ASA Koroivos Amaliadas of the HEBA A1 League, Posley averaged 11.5 points, 2.8 rebounds and 2.2 assists in just over 25 minutes per contest.
Posley returned to the U.S. last summer and appeared in one game for the Denver Nuggets summer league team during the 2018 NBA Summer League in Las Vegas. In his one appearance for the Nuggets, Posley posted three rebounds and two assists in just 11 minutes off the bench.
Posley will wear number 13 for the Skyforce this season, and his first opportunity to suit up will come in a back-to-back home stand against the South Bay Lakers this Friday and Saturday, November 23 and 24.
Single game tickets, flex packs, season tickets and five-game Sioux Falls Celebration Series plans are on sale now. To purchase, or to gain more information, contact a Skyforce representative at 605-332-0605 today.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 21, 2018
- Wisconsin Herd Adds Vander Blue - Wisconsin Herd
- Windy City Extends Season-High Winning Streak to Three, Beats 905 99-91 - Windy City Bulls
- Hustle Hold off Mad Ants Behind Watanabe's Career Night - Memphis Hustle
- Vipers Gobble up Red Claws to Extend Home Victory Streak to Four - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Mad Ants Fall Short in Comeback Effort at Memphis - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Greensboro Falls to Austin 102-95 - Austin Spurs
- Greensboro Falls to Austin - Greensboro Swarm
- Vipers' Venom Too Much for Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Drive Top Herd, Win Second Straight - Grand Rapids Drive
- San Antonio Recalls Chimezie Metu from Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Taylor Williams Recognized as Memphis Hustle High School Athlete of the Month, Presented by Campbell Clinic - Memphis Hustle
- Skyforce Acquire Marcus Posley - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Clippers Take Down Lakers in Overtime - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Suns Can't Feed off Great Start, Lose to Stars - Northern Arizona Suns
- South Bay Falls to Clippers in Overtime Clash - South Bay Lakers
- Stars Mount 21-Point Comeback in Win against Suns - Salt Lake City Stars
- Texas Takes the Venom out of the Vipers - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.