Silvertips Sign 2005-Born Prospects, RW Kyan Grouette and D Logan Greenough
EVERETT, Wash. - The Everett Silvertips, two-time Western Conference champions and eight-time U.S. Division champions of the Western Hockey League, have signed 2005-born right wing Kyan Grouette to a WHL standard player agreement, Silvertips general manager and head coach Dennis Williams announced today. By signing a WHL Standard Player Agreement, Grouette is guaranteed a WHL Scholarship for every year he plays in the WHL.
"Kyan's hard work has helped make this day a reality and we're excited about his commitment to our program," said Williams. "He's not afraid to play with a hard-nosed and abrasive style, paired with terrific skill that has made him stand out at training camp and over the last year. We're looking forward to his contributions as he continues his track of development in a Silvertips jersey."
"Kyan is a player who delivers a long track record of work ethic and definitely earned his contract," said Silvertips director of player personnel Mike Fraser. "The style of play he brings keeps bringing us back to another Manitoban who built a great career here on hard work - Connor Dewar. He's got the tools to become another fan favorite, plays like a warrior every shift, isn't afraid at all to mix it up with older players by setting a physical tone, and get his nose a little dirty."
The native of Dauphin, Manitoba suited up in seven games last season during the pandemic shortened season with the Parkland Rangers U18 AAA squad (MU18HL) and posted a pair of assists. The season prior, he ranked third in league scoring and was second on the Parkland Rangers U15 AAA program with 88 points (36g-52a) with 48 penalty minutes in 36 games.
The 5-foot-10, 161-pound forward, who skated for the same program as Dewar prior to signing his WHL standard player agreement, had a pair of shorthanded goals and led the Rangers in power play goals (10) in 2019-20. That season, he was second on the club in goals (36), had five hat tricks, a four-goal game on Oct. 6, and was named to Team Army for the Bantam AAA All-Star Game.
"Becoming a Silvertip has been my goal since being drafted," said Grouette. "It was on my mind all summer, motivating me to develop as much as I could so by the time training camp arrived, I was prepared to bring as much as I could. The experience here has been amazing. It's an incredibly welcoming organization with players who have a level of compete that's out of this world. It drives me to become a Silvertip that is one of the hardest working players on the ice, and always be the first one to the puck."
Grouette was selected in the seventh round by the Silvertips in the 2020 WHL Draft.
TIPS IN THE NHL
After selections on Jul. 24 for Niko Huuhtanen (Tampa Bay) and Olen Zellweger (Anaheim), the Everett Silvertips have elevated 29 players to be drafted by NHL clubs, including ten in the previous four years. Entering the 2021-22 season, their 19th in the WHL, the Silvertips have helped promote 20 players to make their NHL debut.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from September 10, 2021
- Pats Start Pre-Season with 5-4 Win over ICE - Regina Pats
- Chiefs Shut out in Opening Pre-Season Game at Everett, 2-0 - Spokane Chiefs
- Winterhawks Cruise to Impressive Win over Seattle in Preseason Debut - Portland Winterhawks
- Former Oil King Keeler Brings Plenty of Experience, Leadership, to Rebels - Red Deer Rebels
- Sidewalk Sale Taking Place Tomorrow - Saskatoon Blades
- Victoria Royals Announce 2021-22 Hockey Personnel - Victoria Royals
- Pats Ink Pair of Defencemen - Regina Pats
- Preseason Changes Unveiled - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Tigers Attending NHL Camps - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Oil Kings Announce Single Game Tickets to Go on Sale Next Week - Edmonton Oil Kings
- T-Birds Acquire Mason Dunsford from Portland - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Pats Open Pre-Season vs. ICE - Regina Pats
- Winterhawks Acquire Conditional Pick in 2023 for Dunsford - Portland Winterhawks
- Silvertips Sign 2005-Born Prospects, RW Kyan Grouette and D Logan Greenough - Everett Silvertips
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Everett Silvertips Stories
- Friday's Game vs Kelowna Re-Scheduled to February 6 Due to COVID Issues with Rockets
- Müller, Dietrich to Represent at 2022 Beijing Olympics
- Hofer's Hatty Leads Tips Past Americans 6-3 at Home
- Berezowski, Huuhtanen Extend Goal Streaks in 6-2 Win at Spokane
- Seeley, Gut Collect Four Points Each in 6-2 Win over Tri-City