Pats Ink Pair of Defencemen
Regina, SK - The Regina Pats Hockey Club is pleased to announce the signings of 2005-born defencemen Carter Herman and Mitchell McEachern to WHL Standard Player Agreements.
Herman, 16, was drafted by the Regina Pats in the fourth round of the 2020 WHL Bantam Draft, 71st overall. The Swift Current, Sask., native only played six games due to COVID last season for his hometown Swift Current Legionnaires in the Saskatchewan Midget AAA Hockey League. The 6'2", 170 lb. defenceman put up 39 points (13G-26A) in 27 games during the 2019-20 season with the Bantam AA Swift Current Broncos. He is the younger brother of current Swift Current Broncos goaltender Jacob Herman.
"We think he has good potential," Regina Pats GM and VP of Hockey Operations John Paddock said. "He has a long, lanky body and moves around the ice really well. He has been everything we could have thought when we drafted him. Now the work is just starting for him to build on his game, improve his skills and physical stature."
McEachern, 15, tallied four assists in four games with the Midget AA Saskatoon Riverkings last season. The year prior, the Saskatoon, Sask., native registered 27 points (5G-22A) in 31 games for the Saskatoon Maniacs Bantam AA club.
"He has grown since his draft year and he looks like he has the potential to grow again," Paddock said. "He's got real good ability: some puck skills you can't teach. When he walks along the blueline, he moves his feet well and handles the puck well, so we think there is a lot of upside there."
Regina Pats season tickets are on sale NOW! Full season tickets, split season tickets, as well as front half and back half season tickets are all available. More ticket options will be available shortly.
For more details, head to https://reginapats.com/2021-22-season-tickets or contact Pats Manager, Broadcast and Hockey Communications Dante De Caria (firstname.lastname@example.org | 306-519-1436).
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from September 10, 2021
- Pats Start Pre-Season with 5-4 Win over ICE - Regina Pats
- Chiefs Shut out in Opening Pre-Season Game at Everett, 2-0 - Spokane Chiefs
- Winterhawks Cruise to Impressive Win over Seattle in Preseason Debut - Portland Winterhawks
- Former Oil King Keeler Brings Plenty of Experience, Leadership, to Rebels - Red Deer Rebels
- Sidewalk Sale Taking Place Tomorrow - Saskatoon Blades
- Victoria Royals Announce 2021-22 Hockey Personnel - Victoria Royals
- Pats Ink Pair of Defencemen - Regina Pats
- Preseason Changes Unveiled - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Tigers Attending NHL Camps - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Oil Kings Announce Single Game Tickets to Go on Sale Next Week - Edmonton Oil Kings
- T-Birds Acquire Mason Dunsford from Portland - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Pats Open Pre-Season vs. ICE - Regina Pats
- Winterhawks Acquire Conditional Pick in 2023 for Dunsford - Portland Winterhawks
- Silvertips Sign 2005-Born Prospects, RW Kyan Grouette and D Logan Greenough - Everett Silvertips
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.