Shuckers Skid to Seven-Run Loss in Montgomery
MONTGOMERY, AL - The Biloxi Shuckers (76-51, 35-22 2nd Half) fell behind in the first inning on Tuesday night at Riverwalk Stadium and fell to the Montgomery Biscuits (83-45, 39-19 2nd Half) for a third straight night in an 8-1 final. The loss marks the fourth straight for the Shuckers as they drop the five-game series to Montgomery.
The Biscuits offense tagged Cameron Roegner (L, 5-5) for three runs in the first inning on three hits. Lucius Fox dropped a bunt single to start the inning and scored on an RBI single from Taylor Walls. Tristan Gray reached on a one-out walk and both runners proceeded to score on a Carl Chester triple into left-center field.
Miles Mastrobuoni made it a 4-0 game with an RBI single in the fourth, the final of four runs allowed by Roegner over five innings on the mound.
Joantgel Segovia helped spark the only rally of the game with a lead-off double against Joe Ryan in the fifth. After a strikeout and fly out, Luis Aviles Jr. smoked an RBI double to score Segovia and make it a 4-1 game. Aviles then tried to steal third, but was picked off by Dalton Moats (W, 2-3) to end the inning. Moats worked an inning-ending double play in the sixth, along with a scoreless seventh, and earned his second win of the year.
Trailing 4-1 in the sixth, Josh Lowe singled off Daniel Brown and scored on a wild pitch to jump Montgomery lead back to 5-1. Brown surrendered a second unearned run after an infield throwing error in the seventh, and Nate Griep allowed two more to cross in the eighth on a pair of RBI hits.
The Shuckers continue their series with the Biscuits on Wednesday with first pitch at 6:35 pm. RHP Drew Rasmussen (1-3, 3.96) is scheduled to take the mound for Biloxi while Montgomery will throw LHP Shane McClanahan (1-0, 7.71). The game can be heard locally in Biloxi on Cruisin' WGCM AM 1240/100.9 FM, TuneIn Radio or the MiLB First Pitch App and can be seen on MiLB.TV. Fans can save $10 off their subscription when they use the promo code 'Shuckers' at checkout.
Flex Plans and Group Outings for the 2019 Biloxi Shuckers season are on sale and are available for purchase by calling 228-233-3465, online at biloxishuckers.com or by visiting the MGM Park front office. With the 2020 Southern League schedule announced, Shuck Nation Memberships for the 2020 season are also available by visiting the Biloxi Shuckers front office. The Biloxi Shuckers will host Game 1 and Game 2 of the South Division Championship Series on September 4 & 5 at MGM Park. Tickets for all six potential playoff games at MGM Park are on sale now.
• Discuss this story on the Southern League message board...
Southern League Stories from August 20, 2019
- Pfeifer Dominant Again in M-Braves Extra-Inning Loss to Wahoos - Mississippi Braves
- Shuckers Skid to Seven-Run Loss in Montgomery - Biloxi Shuckers
- Rivera Homers Twice as Barons Power Past Shrimp - Birmingham Barons
- BayBears Keep Lookouts Quiet in Second Straight Win - Mobile BayBears
- Biscuits Bludgeon Shuckers, 8-1 - Montgomery Biscuits
- Barons Rally Past Shrimp 9-3 - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- BayBears Growl and Win over Lookouts - Chattanooga Lookouts
- Generals and Smokies Stopped by Rain After Three Innings Tuesday - Jackson Generals
- Smokies and Generals Postponed Through Three Innings - Tennessee Smokies
- Generals Gameday: August 20 vs. Tennessee - Jackson Generals
- Blue Wahoos to Honor John Appleyard with Bobblehead - Pensacola Blue Wahoos
- Harris, Hoekstra Named Farm Bureau Players of the Week - Mississippi Braves
- Smokies Announce Fantasy Football Draft Parties - Tennessee Smokies
- Five-Run Fifth Inning Shoots Generals Past Smokies, 6-5 - Jackson Generals
- Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp: Game Notes, August 20 at Birmingham - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Despite Bat Struggles, Wahoos Split Two with M-Braves - Pensacola Blue Wahoos
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Biloxi Shuckers Stories
- Trent Grisham Named Brewers Minor League Player of the Year
- Tough to the End - Shuckers Fall in Game Five
- Series Saved as Shuckers Force Game 5 in Jackson
- Saladino Option Transferred to Biloxi, Hinojosa Transferred to San Antonio
- Shuckers Silenced in Game 3 by Generals