Sens Rally Comes up Short in 3-1 Loss
Harrisburg (40-26) rallied in the bottom of the ninth inning but came up short in a 3-1 loss to Reading (37-27) Friday night at FNB Field. The 5,271 fans were treated to a quick moving game until the last of the ninth, when the Senators sent seven batters to plate and had the game end with the tying and winning runs on base.
Trailing 3-0 in bottom of the ninth, the Senators loaded the bases with two outs. Luis Sardinas reached on an error which allowed a run to score, trimming the deficit to 3-1. Adrian Sanchez pinch-hit and worked the count full but struck out to end the game, stranding the tying and winning runs on the bases.
On Capitol Hill
- Steven Fuentes pitched six innings and took the loss. He allowed eight hits and one earned run.
- Ronald Pena pitched two scoreless innings and Jonny Venters tossed one scoreless inning.
With the Gavel
- The Sens produced just four hits, all singles, by four different batters.
With the loss to Reading, the Senators and Fightin Phils have split the 14 games they've played against one another.
Harrisburg is 13-9 at FNB Field since May 1.
The Senators have four games left in the first half. They play the final two of this series against Reading and the first two of their three-game series next week at Altoona first half games.
Prior to the game the Senators placed RHP Wil Crowe on the IL and activated RHP Tyler Mapes from the IL.
Game two of the Senators three-game series against Reading is Saturday at 6:00 p.m. The game can be heard on CBS Sports Radio Harrisburg 96.5FM 95.3FM and 1400AM beginning at 5:50 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from June 14, 2019
- Romero Leads Fightins to Share of First Place - Reading Fightin Phils
- Hot Month Continues as Curve Win in Binghamton - Altoona Curve
- Stud Muffins Drop Third Straight in Loss to Curve - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- 3-0 Shutout Fuels Bowie's Sixth Straight Win - Bowie Baysox
- 'Big Ben' Clocks Huge Save as Goats Move Half-Game Out - Hartford Yard Goats
- Lester, Schwindel Homer for Erie on Friday - Erie SeaWolves
- Strong Seven for Wade, Sea Dogs Win 3-1 at Akron - Portland Sea Dogs
- Sens Rally Comes up Short in 3-1 Loss - Harrisburg Senators
- Early Runs Doom RubberDucks - Akron RubberDucks
- Thunder Bats Baffled by Baysox Arms - Trenton Thunder
- Harrisburg Senators Game Information & Starting Lineup - Harrisburg Senators
- Sea Dogs Game Notes June 14th at Akron RubberDucks - Portland Sea Dogs
- Curve Set for Historic Three-Game Homestand at PNG Field - Altoona Curve
- Rumble Ponies Game Notes: Rumble Ponies (33-27) vs. Altoona Curve (34-31) - 7:05 PM - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Baysox Sweep Fisher Cats, 9-4 - Bowie Baysox
- Medina Looks Like an Ace in 3-2 Win - Reading Fightin Phils
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.