Season Finale in Wilmington Cancelled
WILMINGTON, De. - In conjunction with the Kansas City Royals, the Chicago Cubs, the Wilmington Blue Rocks and the Myrtle Beach Pelicans, the Carolina League announced on Sunday that the season finale between the Pelicans and the Blue Rocks on Monday, September 2 from Frawley Stadium will be canceled and not made up. The decision comes with the safety of players and coaches in mind after South Carolina Gov.
Henry McMaster announced evacuation orders for the South Carolina coast due to Hurricane Dorian.
The game has been canceled to allow the players and coaches ample time to evacuate upon returning to Myrtle Beach.
For more information or to purchase tickets visit myrtlebeachpelicans.com or call 843-918-6000.
• Discuss this story on the Carolina League message board...
Carolina League Stories from September 1, 2019
- Wood Ducks Fall Late To Woodpeckers In Pitcher's Duel - Down East Wood Ducks
- Raquet Quiets Keys - Frederick Keys
- P-Nats Secure Winning Season with Shutout Victory - Potomac Nationals
- Season Finale in Wilmington Cancelled - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Offense Smacks 12 Hits in 10-3 Win at Lynchburg - Winston-Salem Dash
- Mudcats Drop Fourth Straight 3-1 in Salem - Carolina Mudcats
- Allen Goes Deep Twice in Dash Win over Hillcats - Lynchburg Hillcats
- Birds Take Game Three over Wilmington Behind Dominant Pitching - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Eight Current & Former P-Nats Headed to 2019 Arizona Fall League - Potomac Nationals
- September 1 Game Information - Down East Wood Ducks
- OF Tyler Frost placed on the injured list - Winston-Salem Dash
- Winston-Salem Dash: Game Notes (September 1 at Lynchburg) - Winston-Salem Dash
- September 1 - Carolina Mudcats Game Information - Carolina Mudcats
- Myrtle Beach Pelicans Game Notes: September 1 at Wilmington - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.