Sean Bonar Named Warrior Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Month
PRINCETON, N.J. - Sean Bonar of the Atlanta Gladiators has been selected as the Warrior Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Month for January.
Bonar went 8-1-1 with two shutouts, a 1.45 goals-against average and a .954 save percentage in 11 appearances during the month. The 27-year-old allowed two goals or less in seven of his 10 starts and posted shutouts on Jan. 18 at Greenville and on Jan. 30 against the Swamp Rabbits. Bonar made at least 26 saves in seven appearances. A native of Delta, BC, Bonar has posted an 11-8-2 record in 23 appearances with the Gladiators this season. He ranks second in the ECHL with a 2.13 goals-against average, fourth with a .929 save percentage, and he is tied for second with three shutouts. Bonar has not lost a game in regulation in his last 11 appearances.
Bonar has seen action in 73 career ECHL games with Atlanta, Brampton, Fort Wayne, Wichita, Indy and Orlando, compiling an overall record of 30-30-6 with six shutouts, a 2.65 goals-against average and a save percentage of .915.
The 16th season of Atlanta Gladiators hockey continues at the Infinite Energy Arena Thursday, February 7th, against the South Carolina Stingrays at 10:35 am. For ticket information, visit the official team website at www.atlantagladiators.com or call the main office line at 770-497-5100.
The Gladiators are members of the ECHL, the nation's premier "AA" hockey league. All home games are played at the 9,119-seat Infinite Energy Arena, located just off I-85 on Sugarloaf Parkway in Duluth - where parking is always free. The Gladiators have established an unrivaled commitment to excellence, maintaining a distinctive reputation for affordable and family-friendly sports entertainment and are consistently ranked as one of the top "Things To Do" in the Atlanta area and across the North Georgia region.
For all the latest team news, contests, and more visit AtlantaGladiators.com, or "like" the Gladiators on Facebook (www.facebook.com/AtlantaGladiators), follow the team on Twitter (www.twitter.com/ATLGladiators), Instagram (www.instagram.com/atlgladiators) or Snapchat (www.snapchat.com) at "gladshockey".
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 4, 2019
- Swamp Rabbits Snap Streak, Notch Dramatic Win over Gladiators - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Point Streak Improves to 10 Games in OT Loss to Greenville - Atlanta Gladiators
- Everblades Add Defenseman Miller to Roster - Florida Everblades
- Royals Host Pink in the Rink Saturday - Reading Royals
- Brad McClure Recalled to Texas Stars - Idaho Steelheads
- Manchester Monarchs Partner with CMC to Host Pink in the Rink - Manchester Monarchs
- Stingrays Weekly Report - February 4 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Helvig Named Howies Hockey Tape ECHL Rookie of the Month - Florida Everblades
- Florida's Helvig Named Howies Hockey Tape/ECHL Rookie of the Month - ECHL
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report, February 4 - Wheeling Nailers
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 17 - Indy Fuel
- Royals Announce Battle of the Badges February 24 Game Details - Reading Royals
- Steelheads Weekly - Idaho Steelheads
- Grizzlies Return Home for 6 Games - Utah Grizzlies
- Thunder Weekly, February 4th - Wichita Thunder
- Atlanta's Bonar Named Warrior Hockey/ECHL Goaltender of the Month - ECHL
- Sean Bonar Named Warrior Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Month - Atlanta Gladiators
- 'Blades Weekly: Eastern Conference Final Rematch Lies Ahead - Florida Everblades
- Komets Gain Shootout Point in Front of Sell-Out Crowd - Fort Wayne Komets
- Johansson Returns to Cincinnati - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - February 4 - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.