Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - February 4
Tulsa travels to Kansas City Tuesday to complete difficult stretch of eight games in 11 days, before full week off.
OVERALL RECORD: 26-17-6
LAST WEEK: 1-3-0
Tuesday, Jan. 29 - Utah 2, Tulsa 1 (BOK Center - Tulsa, OK) | Box Score
>> In a game of crazy bounces, the Tulsa Oilers suffered a 2-1 loss to their Mountain Division rival Utah Grizzlies. Late in the opening period, the Grizzlies benefited from a power play and Jake Marchment threw a shot off of the pads of Evan Fitzpatrick. The rebound kicked off of an Oilers' defenseman's skate and back into the net. Ian McNulty tied the game in the second period on a late breakaway when he snuck a backhander through the legs of the Utah goaltender. The Grizzlies regained the lead, when Josh Anderson's shot banked off of the backwall back into the crease before catching Fitzpatrick and sliding across the goal line. Utah held on to win 2-1.
Wednesday, Jan. 30 - Utah 4, Tulsa 2 (BOK Center - Tulsa, OK) | Box Score
>> The Oilers got off to a quick start in the rematch when Roman Ammirato ripped a one-timer from the slot just 2:40 into the game. Utah answered on a power play nearly five minutes later to tie the game 1-1. The Grizzlies gained the lead with 2:52 remaining in the second period right after the Oilers successfully killed off a penalty. Ryan Tesink made it 2-2 with a short-handed snipe from the right circle 7:10 into the final stanza. Unfortunately for the Oilers, Utah capitalized off of a bad bound off the boards that hit the side of the net, before Josh Dickinson circled the net and fed a pass to Eric Freschi in the slot. Freschi snapped a shot past Evan Fitzpatrick to give Utah the lead for good. The Grizzlies held on to that lead and beat the buzzer with an empty net goal in the final second of regulation.
Friday, Feb. 1 - Tulsa 5, Toledo 2 (Huntington Center - Toledo, OH) | Box Score
>> Tulsa captain Adam Pleskach recorded his seventh pro hat trick to lead the Oilers past the Toledo Walleye Friday in the final meeting of the season between the two teams. The Walleye led 1-0 and 2-1, but Tulsa scored four unanswered goals, including two in the second from Charlie Sampair and Mike McKee and two in the third from Pleskach. The Oilers scored on two of seven power play opportunities, and the Oilers won their seventh of their last eight road games. Evan Fitzpatrick stopped 27 of 29, but Pleskach earned the game's first star with his three-goal performance.
Saturday, Feb. 2 - Cincinnati 7, Tulsa 1 (U.S. Bank Arena - Cincinnati, OH) | Box Score
>> The Cylcones rolled to a 3-0 first period lead Saturday in the final battle of the season between Tulsa and Cincinnati. The Oilers trailed 5-0 before Dylan Bredo scored the only Oilers goal from a bank shot off of the Cyclones goaltender from beneath the goal line. Cincinnati scored 33 seconds later to make it 6-1, as Justin Vaive, Pascal Aquin and Vas Glotov all scored twice to pace Cincinnati to the win. The Cyclones added one more in the third period to finish the rout, as the Oilers finished a crazy stretch of seven games in nine days.
THE WEEK AHEAD
Tuesday, Feb. 5 - Tulsa AT Kansas City, 7:05 p.m. - Silverstein Eye Centers Arena (Independence, MO)
ON THE MOVE
- 2/2 - Alex Dostie (F) assigned to Tulsa from San Diego (AHL) by Anaheim (NHL).
- Dylan Bredo recorded 5 points (1g, 4a) in the last 3 games.
- Adam Pleskach's hat trick Friday was his second of the season and sixth of his career.
- Jared Thomas has 4 assists during a 3-game point streak.
- Tuesday's game at Kansas City will be Tulsa's 8th in the last 12 days.
- The Oilers are 16-1-4 when scoring first this season.
- Tulsa has won 7 of its last 9 road games.
POINTS: 46 - Adam Pleskach
GOALS: 22 - Adam Pleskach
ASSISTS: 24 - Adam Pleskach
PLUS/MINUS: +14 - Steven Kaunisto
PIMS: 129 - Mike McKee
PP GOALS: 6 - Adam Pleskach
SH GOALS: 2 - Jared Thomas
GW GOALS: 7 - Charlie Sampair
SHOTS: 204 - Adam Pleskach
WINS: 14 - Devin Williams*
GAA: 2.23 - Devin Williams*
SAVE %: .913 - Devin Williams*
* - Loaned to San Antonio (AHL)
POWER PLAY: Overall - 28/213 (13.1%) - 25th in the ECHL
Last Week - 2/21 (9.5%)
PENALTY KILL: Overall - 158/191 (82.7%) - 15th in the ECHL
Last Week - 17/22 (77.3%)
Adam Pleskach passed Doug Lawrence into 2nd in Oilers franchise history Friday with his 154th, 155th and 156th goals. He also surpassed 300 points (302) in his six seasons in Tulsa. Pleskach is 8th in the ECHL this season with 46 points and 4th with 22 goals. He also leads the league with 204 shots on goal, 33 shots ahead of second place... Ryan Tesink is 16th with 41 points... Charlie Sampair leads the ECHL with 7 game-winning goals... Jared Thomas is 12th among ECHL rookies with 34 points in 32 games... Steven Kaunisto and Dylan Bredo are tied for 14th among defensemen in the league with 25 points. Kaunisto also leads all defensemen with 4 game-winners.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 4, 2019
- Swamp Rabbits Snap Streak, Notch Dramatic Win over Gladiators - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Point Streak Improves to 10 Games in OT Loss to Greenville - Atlanta Gladiators
- Everblades Add Defenseman Miller to Roster - Florida Everblades
- Royals Host Pink in the Rink Saturday - Reading Royals
- Brad McClure Recalled to Texas Stars - Idaho Steelheads
- Manchester Monarchs Partner with CMC to Host Pink in the Rink - Manchester Monarchs
- Stingrays Weekly Report - February 4 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Helvig Named Howies Hockey Tape ECHL Rookie of the Month - Florida Everblades
- Florida's Helvig Named Howies Hockey Tape/ECHL Rookie of the Month - ECHL
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report, February 4 - Wheeling Nailers
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 17 - Indy Fuel
- Royals Announce Battle of the Badges February 24 Game Details - Reading Royals
- Steelheads Weekly - Idaho Steelheads
- Grizzlies Return Home for 6 Games - Utah Grizzlies
- Thunder Weekly, February 4th - Wichita Thunder
- Atlanta's Bonar Named Warrior Hockey/ECHL Goaltender of the Month - ECHL
- Sean Bonar Named Warrior Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Month - Atlanta Gladiators
- 'Blades Weekly: Eastern Conference Final Rematch Lies Ahead - Florida Everblades
- Komets Gain Shootout Point in Front of Sell-Out Crowd - Fort Wayne Komets
- Johansson Returns to Cincinnati - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - February 4 - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.