Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 17
INDY FUEL WEEK 17 RESULTS: 1-0-0-0, 23-19-2-1 Overall, 3rd Central Division
Friday, January 25 - Fuel 3 at Wheeling 2 (OT):
INDY FUEL WEEK 18 SCHEDULE:
Wednesday, February 6 - Fuel at Kalamazoo (7:30 p.m. ET, Wings Event Center)
The Fuel kick off a home-and-home doubleheader with the surging Kalamazoo Wings with a midweek visit to Wings Event Center. The Central Division rivals split a two-game set on Jan. 26-27, with the home team coming out on top in each contest. Indy holds a 5-2-0-0 record against the Wings through seven games this season, including a 2-2-0-0 mark in Kalamazoo.
Friday, February 8 - Fuel vs. Kalamazoo (7:35 p.m. ET, Indiana Farmers Coliseum)
HOCKEY FOR INDY presented by Citizens Energy Group - Hockey is for everyone! The Fuel team up with the You Can Play Project and other local organizations to promote respect and inclusion in the sports community, all part of the Fuel's "Hockey For Indy" initiative. It's also a Fuel Do317 Night, so kick-start your weekend with $3 beer and soft drinks, $1 hot dogs, and $7 limited edition t-shirts!
Saturday, February 9 - Fuel at Toledo (7:15 p.m. ET, Huntington Center)
Sunday, February 10 - Fuel at Toledo (5:15 p.m. ET, Huntington Center)
The Fuel and Walleye meet up for the first time since late December, as Indy makes the trip to the Huntington Center for a Saturday-Sunday set to wrap up the weekend. Indy is 2-2-0-0 against Toledo this season, through the Walleye grabbed a 4-2 victory in the only prior meeting between the two clubs this season in Ohio back on Dec. 1.
-With 49 points in 45 games, the Fuel head into Week 18 in sole possession of third place in the Central Division.
-Indy holds a one point edge over the fourth-place Fort Wayne Komets, and a three point cushion over the Kalamazoo Wings, though the Komets have played two fewer games than the Fuel.
-The Fuel have picked up points in eight of their last 11 games since Jan. 8, going 5-3-2-1 over that span.
-The Fuel will play four games in five nights starting Wednesday in Kalamazoo - the third of four times this season where Indy faces the feat.
-With Friday's win in Wheeling, Indy improved to 4-2 this season in games decided in overtime, including a 2-1 mark on the road.
-Indy has scored at least three or more goals in seven of its last eight contests.
-The Fuel penalty kill unit ranks first in the ECHL (87.0%), and has gone seven consecutive games without allowing a power play goal.
-Indy has successfully killed off 53 of its opponents' last 55 power play opportunities since January 4 (96.4%).
-The Fuel are 4-1-1-0 this season when tied after two periods of play.
-Indy is 11-5-2-1 this season in games decided by a single goal.
-With two assists Friday against the Nailers, Fuel forward Logan Nelson extended a personal point streak to nine games - tallying five goals and eight assists over the same span.
-Kevin Dufour's overtime goal Friday was his team-leading sixth game-winning goal of the season, which is second-most among all ECHL players, behind only Tulsa's Charlie Sampair (7).
-Dufour leads all Fuel skaters with 19 goals on the season, followed closely by forwards Josh Shalla (18) and Matt Rupert (18).
-Goaltender Matt Tomkins has led Indy to at least a point in each of his last eight starts, posting a 5-0-3 record over that span.
-Tomkins was named a runner-up for the ECHL's Goaltender of Month award for January, finishing the month with a 5-2-3 record, a 2.48 GAA, .924 SV%
Fuel ECHL Player of the Week Nominee: F Kevin Dufour (1 GP, 1 G, 1 A, 1 GWG, +1)
Fuel ECHL Goaltender of the Week Nominee: Matt Tomkins (1-0-0, 1.88 GAA, .939 SV%)
UPCOMING EVENTS & PROMOTIONS:
February 23 Game Time Change: The start time for the Fuel's home game on Saturday, February 23 has been changed to 6:05 p.m. ET from the previously listed time of 7:35 p.m. ET. Please note that any previously-issued tickets for this game - including those from Fuel Season Ticket packages - may display the incorrect time, but are still valid and will be accepted for entry into Indiana Farmers Coliseum on Feb. 23.
Watch Party At Big Woods Speedway: The next Fuel Watch Party takes place Sunday, February 17 at Big Woods Restaurant in Speedway! Join fellow fans, enter to win prizes and cheer on the Fuel as they take on the Wichita Thunder at 5:05 p.m.
Individual tickets for all Fuel home games at Indiana Farmers Coliseum are available at IndyFuelHockey.com, or by visiting the Indiana Farmers Coliseum box office. A variety of Ticket Plans are also still available for the 2018-19 season, call the Fuel ticket office at 317-925-FUEL for learn more today!
Catch every home game this season with a free online stream at IndyFuelHockey.com! Click the "Watch/Listen Live" button to hear Voice of the Fuel Andrew Smith bring you all of the action from Indiana Farmers Coliseum. Fans can also watch all 72 games at home and on the road live through ECHL.TV!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 4, 2019
- Swamp Rabbits Snap Streak, Notch Dramatic Win over Gladiators - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Point Streak Improves to 10 Games in OT Loss to Greenville - Atlanta Gladiators
- Everblades Add Defenseman Miller to Roster - Florida Everblades
- Royals Host Pink in the Rink Saturday - Reading Royals
- Brad McClure Recalled to Texas Stars - Idaho Steelheads
- Manchester Monarchs Partner with CMC to Host Pink in the Rink - Manchester Monarchs
- Stingrays Weekly Report - February 4 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Helvig Named Howies Hockey Tape ECHL Rookie of the Month - Florida Everblades
- Florida's Helvig Named Howies Hockey Tape/ECHL Rookie of the Month - ECHL
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report, February 4 - Wheeling Nailers
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 17 - Indy Fuel
- Royals Announce Battle of the Badges February 24 Game Details - Reading Royals
- Steelheads Weekly - Idaho Steelheads
- Grizzlies Return Home for 6 Games - Utah Grizzlies
- Thunder Weekly, February 4th - Wichita Thunder
- Atlanta's Bonar Named Warrior Hockey/ECHL Goaltender of the Month - ECHL
- Sean Bonar Named Warrior Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Month - Atlanta Gladiators
- 'Blades Weekly: Eastern Conference Final Rematch Lies Ahead - Florida Everblades
- Komets Gain Shootout Point in Front of Sell-Out Crowd - Fort Wayne Komets
- Johansson Returns to Cincinnati - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - February 4 - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.