Santiago Moreno Named to MLS Team of the Week for Week 17
PORTLAND, Ore. - Portland Timbers midfielder Santiago Moreno was named to the MLS Team of the Week for week 17, the league announced today. Moreno registered a brace in the June 29 match against the Houston Dynamo FC, logging 78 minutes in the match.
Moreno, 22, has registered three goals and three assists in the 2022 campaign. The Colombian midfielder converted his first career penalty-kick attempt and added a run-of-play goal just 97 seconds later, scoring his first career brace in his second season with the club. The 97-second span between goals was the second-quickest brace scored by a Timbers player in club history (Fanendo Adi, 86 seconds). Moreno became the 21st player in Timbers' history to record a brace for Portland, marking the 52nd brace in Timbers' regular season play. With 18 appearances (13 starts) this season, Moreno ranks fifth in the league in successful dribbles (45).
Up next, the Timbers will travel to face Nashville SC at GEODIS Park in their third match of a nine-day stretch on Sunday, July 1. The away match will kick off at 5:30 p.m. (Pacific) and will feature a local television broadcast on FOX 12 PLUS and radio broadcasts on 750 The Game (English) and La GranD 1150AM/93.5 FM (Spanish).
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from July 1, 2022
- Know Your Foe: Houston Dynamo - Charlotte FC
- Real Salt Lake Travels this Holiday Weekend to Minnesota for Sunday Match - Real Salt Lake
- Keys against Austin FC: Fight Fire with Fire - Colorado Rapids
- Timbers Extend Defender Josecarlos Van Rankin's Loan for Remainder of 2022 Season - Portland Timbers
- Injury Report: Two Out, Two Questionable vs. Atlanta United - New York City FC
- Inter Miami CF to Visit FC Dallas on Monday - Inter Miami CF
- Brenner Voted MLS Player of the Week Presented by Continental Tire for Week 17 - FC Cincinnati
- FC Cincinnati Forward Brenner Voted MLS Player of the Week Presented by Continental Tire for Week 17 - MLS
- TQL Stadium to Host Cincy Beerfest on August 20 - FC Cincinnati
- Colorado Rapids Extend Defender Lucas Esteves' Loan - Colorado Rapids
- Orlando City SC Transfers Forward Silvester van der Water to SC Cambuur-Leeuwarden - Orlando City SC
- Sporting KC Hosts New York on Sunday - Sporting Kansas City
- Brenner Earns MLS Team of the Week Honors - FC Cincinnati
- Santiago Moreno Named to MLS Team of the Week for Week 17 - Portland Timbers
- Revolution Academy U-19s Advance to 2022 MLS NEXT Cup Final - New England Revolution
- By the Numbers: FC Cincinnati at New England Revolution - FC Cincinnati
- LA Galaxy Academy U-19 Team Joins the United Premier Soccer League (UPSL) - LA Galaxy
- FC Dallas Announces Promotions and Theme Nights for July - FC Dallas
- Atlanta United Announces Broadcast Changes for New York City FC - Atlanta United FC
- Keys to the Match: Mirroring - New York City FC
- Revolution Host "Salute to Heroes" Match on Sunday - New England Revolution
- Red Bulls Defeat Atlanta United FC, 2-1, at Red Bull Arena - New York Red Bulls
- Atlanta United Falls 2-1 to New York Red Bulls - Atlanta United FC
- Christian Lattanzio: "We Can't Feel Sorry for Ourselves" - Charlotte FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Portland Timbers Stories
- Ten-Match Unbeaten Streak Comes to End for Timbers with 3-1 Road Loss to Toronto FC
- Timbers Announce Broadcast Change for August 13 Match at Toronto FC
- Timbers Earn 1-1 Draw Against FC Dallas at Providence Park
- Timbers Draw 1-1 Against Nashville SC at Providence Park
- Timbers Forward Felipe Mora to Undergo Season-Ending Surgery Wednesday