TQL Stadium to Host Cincy Beerfest on August 20
TQL Stadium will host the inaugural Cincy Beerfest on Saturday, Aug. 20, it was announced today. The new event, produced by Cincy Beerfest and benefitting the Big Joe Duskin Music Education Foundation, will celebrate Cincinnati's brewing history & soccer in the Queen City, with fans being able to choose between two different sessions to sample over 150 local craft beers, wines and cocktails at the soccer-specific stadium.
There will be two different sessions on Aug. 20, from 12:30-4:30 p.m. and from 6-10 p.m., for attendees to choose from. FC Cincinnati Season Ticket Holders and Supporter Group Members will have an exclusive presale to the event beginning Friday July 1. Tickets go on sale to the General Public on Tuesday, July 5 at CincyBeerfest.com.
"We are excited to to partner with the Cincy Beerfest to bring such a fun and unique experience to TQL Stadium," said Allison Linkhart, Director of Private Event Sales at FC Cincinnati. "Events like this are a glimpse into all the possibilities that exist within TQL Stadium, and we look forward to hosting more in the future."
All proceeds benefit the Big Joe Duskin Music Education Foundation, which promotes music education in underserved communities throughout the tri-state, as well as the historical plaques around Cincinnati honoring the city's music greats.
"We're excited to announce that the proceeds of Cincy Beerfest at TQL Stadium will be dedicated to the students of West End Community schools and other community music programs," said Bill Hulsizer, Director of the Foundation. The Cincy Beerfest has raised over $275,000 towards this initiative so far.
"We're excited to bring a soccer-themed beer festival to FC Cincinnati's TQL Stadium," said Matt King Co-Founder of Cincy Beerfest. "We're inviting all of the local breweries, distilleries, and wineries to participate in this great event at this brilliant venue. There will be local music, local breweries and distilleries and food. Gary the Lion will be in attendance, and FC Cincinnati game highlights will be shown on the big screens. Of course, our famous Silent Disco & Karaoke stages will be there as well."
TQL Stadium's location in the West End, bordering Over The Rhine, makes it a perfect location for Cincy Beerfest," added Craig Johnson, Co-Founder of Cincy Beerfest. "We hope to see everyone out for what should be a great day and night to celebrate Cincinnati's vibrant atmosphere."
What Is A Beerfest?
Attendees will walk around TQL stadium and select drinks to sample in 5oz. souvenir mugs from the tents of local breweries, wineries, and distillers. Booths will be located across the TQL Stadium concourse as well as on the Carl & Martha Lindner Plaza just outside the stadium. Early admission attendees get an additional hour to sample, will be able to enter the Pitch View Club area for more exclusive beers and are able to walk pitchside along the field. See Cincybeerfest.com for full event details.
To Buy Tickets & More Information - CincyBeerfest.com
Friday, July 1 - Season Ticket Holder & Supporter Group Pre-Sale - Ends July 4
Tuesday, July 5 - General Public Sales Begin www.CincyBeerfest.com
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from July 1, 2022
- Know Your Foe: Houston Dynamo - Charlotte FC
- Real Salt Lake Travels this Holiday Weekend to Minnesota for Sunday Match - Real Salt Lake
- Keys against Austin FC: Fight Fire with Fire - Colorado Rapids
- Timbers Extend Defender Josecarlos Van Rankin's Loan for Remainder of 2022 Season - Portland Timbers
- Injury Report: Two Out, Two Questionable vs. Atlanta United - New York City FC
- Inter Miami CF to Visit FC Dallas on Monday - Inter Miami CF
- Brenner Voted MLS Player of the Week Presented by Continental Tire for Week 17 - FC Cincinnati
- FC Cincinnati Forward Brenner Voted MLS Player of the Week Presented by Continental Tire for Week 17 - MLS
- TQL Stadium to Host Cincy Beerfest on August 20 - FC Cincinnati
- Colorado Rapids Extend Defender Lucas Esteves' Loan - Colorado Rapids
- Orlando City SC Transfers Forward Silvester van der Water to SC Cambuur-Leeuwarden - Orlando City SC
- Sporting KC Hosts New York on Sunday - Sporting Kansas City
- Brenner Earns MLS Team of the Week Honors - FC Cincinnati
- Santiago Moreno Named to MLS Team of the Week for Week 17 - Portland Timbers
- Revolution Academy U-19s Advance to 2022 MLS NEXT Cup Final - New England Revolution
- By the Numbers: FC Cincinnati at New England Revolution - FC Cincinnati
- LA Galaxy Academy U-19 Team Joins the United Premier Soccer League (UPSL) - LA Galaxy
- FC Dallas Announces Promotions and Theme Nights for July - FC Dallas
- Atlanta United Announces Broadcast Changes for New York City FC - Atlanta United FC
- Keys to the Match: Mirroring - New York City FC
- Revolution Host "Salute to Heroes" Match on Sunday - New England Revolution
- Red Bulls Defeat Atlanta United FC, 2-1, at Red Bull Arena - New York Red Bulls
- Atlanta United Falls 2-1 to New York Red Bulls - Atlanta United FC
- Christian Lattanzio: "We Can't Feel Sorry for Ourselves" - Charlotte FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Cincinnati Stories
- FC Cincinnati Go for Second Consecutive Win, Host Atlanta United FC
- FC Cincinnati Represented at MLS All-Star Game for First Time
- Brandon Vazquez Added to MLS All-Star Skills Challenge
- Álvaro Barreal Named to the MLS Team of the Week
- MLS All-Star Game Watch Party Takes Place Wednesday at Rhinegeist