Ryan McGrath joins Monarchs; Steven Hodges back to Portland
MANCHESTER, N.H. - Manchester Monarchs Head Coach and Director of Hockey Operations, Rich Seeley, announced that Ryan McGrath has signed an Amateur Try-out Agreement with the Monarchs and Steven Hodges has been recalled by the Portland Pirates (AHL).
McGrath, 24, just completed his senior season with the UMass-Lowell River Hawks (H-East), posting 13 points on seven goals and six assists, with three game-winning-goals in 36 games. The 5-foot-7, 175-pound native of St. Charles, Mo., played in 136 games for Lowell over the course of his four years on campus, and scored 58 points on 24 goals and 34 assists.
Hodges, 21, played in eight games for the Monarchs, scoring six points on three goal and three assists over the course of two stints with Manchester. In his time with Portland, Hodges has played in six games without recording a point.
The 6-foot, 187 pound center from Yellowknife, NWT, played three seasons for the Victoria Royals and parts of two seasons with the Chilliwack Bruins of the WHL, appearing in 247 games combined, scoring 157 points on 75 goals and 82 assists. Hodges was named to the 2012-13 WHL All-Star Team and was drafted by the Florida Panthers in the third round (#84 overall) of the 2012 NHL Entry Draft.
McGrath and the Monarchs are back in action Friday, April 1 (7:15 p.m.), when they visit the Toledo Walleye at the Huntington Center for the final time during the regular season.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 31, 2016
- Brassart Rejoins Mallards - Quad City Mallards
- Cyclones Offensive Onslaught Blows by Indy - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Forward Justin Crandall Returned to Reading - Reading Royals
- Overtime Buzzer Beater Puts Wings over Swamp Rabbits - Kalamazoo Wings
- Appleby Reassigned to Albany - Adirondack Thunder
- Olkinuora Returns to Tulsa - Tulsa Oilers
- ECHL Transactions - March 31 - ECHL
- Harpur Becomes Third Former IceMen Player to Reach NHL - Evansville IceMen
- Dodero Recalled by AHL's Syracuse Crunch - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Wheeling Nailers Community Recap - March - Wheeling Nailers
- Jackals Add Forward Steven McParland - Elmira Jackals
- Ryan McGrath joins Monarchs; Steven Hodges back to Portland - Manchester Monarchs
- Preview: Swamp Rabbits Face K-Wings in a Hat-Trick Weekend of Hockey - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Mavericks Announce First Two Playoff Games - Kansas City Mavericks
- Cyclones Game Notes: vs Indy - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Rush Announce 50/50 Start Points for Weekend - Rapid City Rush
- Rush Announce Jersey Drawings - Rapid City Rush
- Palazzese Returns to Nailers, Foster Recalled to AHL - Wheeling Nailers
- Defenseman Derik Johnson Loaned to Springfield - Reading Royals
- ECHL Today - March 31 - ECHL
- Steelheads Playoff-Bound, Top Utah, Clinch Playoff Berth - Idaho Steelheads
- Mavericks Sweep Season Series against Mallards - Kansas City Mavericks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.