Forward Justin Crandall Returned to Reading
Reading, PA - The Reading Royals of the ECHL, affiliate of the Philadelphia Flyers of the National Hockey League, today announced that forward Justin Crandall has been returned to the Royals from the Albany Devils of the American Hockey League. In a separate transaction previously completed, goaltender Matt Skoff was released from his Amateur Tryout Agreement with the Royals and was signed to an ECHL Standard Players Contract.
Crandall, a first year pro from Lakeville, Minnesota, was loaned by the Royals to the Devils on March 23 and recorded one assist in two games with Albany. This was Crandall's second trip to the AHL this season. He previously picked up two points (1g-1a) in seven games with the Chicago Wolves. In forty-nine games with the Royals, Crandall has fifty-one points (15g-36a), which is tied for third amongst first year pros in the ECHL. Skoff, who was signed to an ATO by the Royals on March 21 after the completion of his senior season at Penn State University, has not yet appeared in a game for Reading.
The Royals return to action tomorrow (Friday, April 1 @ 7:35 p.m.) when the team travels to WesBanco Arena in Wheeling, West Virginia to face the Wheeling Nailers. Friday evening's matchup can be heard live on CBS SportsRadio 1240 AM and 98.5 FM in Reading, Pennsylvania, starting with the pre-game warm-up show presented by Highmark Blue Shield at 7:05 pm Eastern Time. Friday's game will also be televised locally in Berks County, Pennsylvania, on BCTV courtesy of Boscov's Travel and Apple Vacations. Streaming audio is available free of charge on the Royals' website (follow the 'headset' icon); and streaming video is available on a pay-per-view basis through ECHL.TV or through bctv.org.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 31, 2016
- Brassart Rejoins Mallards - Quad City Mallards
- Cyclones Offensive Onslaught Blows by Indy - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Forward Justin Crandall Returned to Reading - Reading Royals
- Overtime Buzzer Beater Puts Wings over Swamp Rabbits - Kalamazoo Wings
- Appleby Reassigned to Albany - Adirondack Thunder
- Olkinuora Returns to Tulsa - Tulsa Oilers
- ECHL Transactions - March 31 - ECHL
- Harpur Becomes Third Former IceMen Player to Reach NHL - Evansville IceMen
- Dodero Recalled by AHL's Syracuse Crunch - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Wheeling Nailers Community Recap - March - Wheeling Nailers
- Jackals Add Forward Steven McParland - Elmira Jackals
- Ryan McGrath joins Monarchs; Steven Hodges back to Portland - Manchester Monarchs
- Preview: Swamp Rabbits Face K-Wings in a Hat-Trick Weekend of Hockey - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Mavericks Announce First Two Playoff Games - Kansas City Mavericks
- Cyclones Game Notes: vs Indy - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Rush Announce 50/50 Start Points for Weekend - Rapid City Rush
- Rush Announce Jersey Drawings - Rapid City Rush
- Palazzese Returns to Nailers, Foster Recalled to AHL - Wheeling Nailers
- Defenseman Derik Johnson Loaned to Springfield - Reading Royals
- ECHL Today - March 31 - ECHL
- Steelheads Playoff-Bound, Top Utah, Clinch Playoff Berth - Idaho Steelheads
- Mavericks Sweep Season Series against Mallards - Kansas City Mavericks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Reading Royals Stories
- F Strome Reassigned to Reading, F Fitzgerald and D De Haas Loaned by Lehigh Valley
- Royals Weekly Report, Vol. 19, No. 2
- DiChiara Scores Game-Winning Goal in Wild 3rd to Spike Mariners, 5-4
- Royals and Mariners Tangle Sunday at 4:00 p.m.
- Reading Bested in Home Opener, 5-3