Dodero Recalled by AHL's Syracuse Crunch
Greenville, SC - The Greenville Swamp Rabbits, proud ECHL affiliate of the New York Rangers and the AHL's Hartford Wolf Pack, today announced defenseman Charlie Dodero has been recalled by the AHL's Syracuse Crunch.
Dodero, 23, has made 28 appearances with Greenville this season, collecting six points (1g, 5a) and 72 penalty minutes. He also played 10 games with Syracuse, recording 17 penalty minutes. The Swamp Rabbits acquired his ECHL rights on Sept. 22 in trade with Idaho for future considerations.
A third-year pro, Dodero spent the majority of last season with the Crunch, recording five points (1g, 4a), 72 penalty minutes and a +7 rating in 36 games. He also played 33 contests with Idaho and notched 12 points (3g, 9a) and 81 penalty minutes during his second professional campaign.
Dodero made his pro debut with Greenville during the 2013-14 campaign and notched two assists and 22 penalty minutes in 14 games in the Upstate. He also produced 19 points (4g, 15a) and 75 penalty minutes in 44 regular-season games for the Steelheads. In addition, the Bloomingdale, Illinois native earned five points (1g, 4a) in 11 playoff contests with Idaho in 2013-14.
Prior to turning pro, the 6'2, 190-pound blue-liner played four seasons in the Ontario Hockey League with Kitchener and Sudbury from 2009-2013. He compiled 69 points (11g, 58a) in 248 career games. Dodero also spent one season in the United States Hockey League (USHL) with Tri-City during the 2008-09 season.
Thirsty Thursday: The Swamp Rabbits return to SANDLAPPER Securities Rink at the Bon Secours Wellness Arena tonight to face the Kalamazoo Wings. It's Thirsty Thursday presented by Greenville Pharmaceutical Research, featuring $2 domestic draft beers from 6-8 p.m. and $2 hot dogs, pretzels and soft drinks all night long. Limited $5 tickets are also available at the Bon Secours Wellness Arena box office while supplies last, or by clicking here or calling 864-674-PUCK when purchasing at least four (4). Doors open at 6 p.m. and the puck drops at 7 p.m. Fans can stream all of the live action via ECHL.TV or the free Mixlr audio feed.
T-Shirt Giveaway: The first 1,000 fans will receive a one-of-a-kind Swamp Rabbits T-shirt tomorrow when Greenville battles Kalamazoo at 7 p.m. Doors open at 6 p.m. The Greenville News Family Fun Pack is also available, featuring four (4) red level tickets, four (4) hot dogs, four (4) bags of chips, four (4) soft drinks and two (2) foam fingers for just $60! Reserve yours now!
Craft Beer Night is this Saturday when the Swamp Rabbits host the Kalamazoo Wings in their penultimate home game. All fans 21 and older are invited to sample delicious craft beers before and during the team's 7 p.m. contest against Kalamazoo. For just $35, the package includes:
- One (1) lower bowl, red level ticket
- Entry for one (1) to the Craft Beer Tasting in the beer garden from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- $1 off craft beers purchased at select concession stands the duration of the game
- A souvenir gift and sampling glass
Already have a ticket to the game? Get into the craft beer tasting party and take advantage of all additional perks for just $24. Fans will also have the opportunity to purchase food during the event at the special sausage bar & pretzel stations! For tickets to the craft beer tasting party, call the Swamp Rabbits front office at 864-674-PUCK (7825) or click here. Tickets to the tasting party must be purchased before Noon on Saturday.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 31, 2016
- Brassart Rejoins Mallards - Quad City Mallards
- Cyclones Offensive Onslaught Blows by Indy - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Forward Justin Crandall Returned to Reading - Reading Royals
- Overtime Buzzer Beater Puts Wings over Swamp Rabbits - Kalamazoo Wings
- Appleby Reassigned to Albany - Adirondack Thunder
- Olkinuora Returns to Tulsa - Tulsa Oilers
- ECHL Transactions - March 31 - ECHL
- Harpur Becomes Third Former IceMen Player to Reach NHL - Evansville IceMen
- Dodero Recalled by AHL's Syracuse Crunch - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Wheeling Nailers Community Recap - March - Wheeling Nailers
- Jackals Add Forward Steven McParland - Elmira Jackals
- Ryan McGrath joins Monarchs; Steven Hodges back to Portland - Manchester Monarchs
- Preview: Swamp Rabbits Face K-Wings in a Hat-Trick Weekend of Hockey - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Mavericks Announce First Two Playoff Games - Kansas City Mavericks
- Cyclones Game Notes: vs Indy - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Rush Announce 50/50 Start Points for Weekend - Rapid City Rush
- Rush Announce Jersey Drawings - Rapid City Rush
- Palazzese Returns to Nailers, Foster Recalled to AHL - Wheeling Nailers
- Defenseman Derik Johnson Loaned to Springfield - Reading Royals
- ECHL Today - March 31 - ECHL
- Steelheads Playoff-Bound, Top Utah, Clinch Playoff Berth - Idaho Steelheads
- Mavericks Sweep Season Series against Mallards - Kansas City Mavericks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.