Jackals Add Forward Steven McParland
ELMIRA, NY - The Elmira Jackals, ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Buffalo Sabres and the AHL's Rochester Americans, announced today that the club has signed rookie forward Steven McParland to an Amateur Tryout contract. Additionally, the team has released rookie defenseman Evan Moore from his Amateur Tryout contract and signed him to a Standard Player Contract.
McParland, 25, joins the Jackals following the conclusion of his collegiate career at Providence College. The 5-foot-11 195-pound forward appeared in 129 NCAA games for the Friars recording 44 points (14 goals, 30 assists) and 58 penalty minutes. As a senior, McParland tied a career high with 13 points and set new marks with a plus-seven rating and 38 blocked shots. He set a career high with six goals as a junior and helped the Friars win their first National Championship.
Prior to attending Providence College, the Schreiber, Ont. native skated for two seasons with the Kingston Voyageurs in the Ontario Junior A Hockey League (OJHL) earning team MVP honors in 2011-12 with 55 points (25 goals, 30 assists) in 47 games.
Moore, 24, signed an Amateur Tryout contract on March 23rd and made his professional debut on March 26 against the Brampton Beast. The 6-foot 180-pound defenseman appeared in 152 NCAA games for the Robert Morris Colonials amassing 31 points (four goals, 27 assists), 149 penalty minutes and 226 blocked shots. Moore was named to the AHA All-Academic Team in each of his first three seasons and helped Robert Morris win consecutive AHA regular season championships as a junior and senior. As a freshman, Moore led all Colonial defensemen with a plus-19 rating and was named the Robert Morris Rookie of the Year.
Prior to attending Robert Morris University, the Grosse Pointe Park, Mich. native skated for the Sioux Falls Stampede in the USHL and the Green Mountain Glades in the EJHL.
Don't miss a minute of the action with Jackals season tickets! Call (607) 734-7825 or visit jackalshockey.com to order your season tickets today!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 31, 2016
- Brassart Rejoins Mallards - Quad City Mallards
- Cyclones Offensive Onslaught Blows by Indy - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Forward Justin Crandall Returned to Reading - Reading Royals
- Overtime Buzzer Beater Puts Wings over Swamp Rabbits - Kalamazoo Wings
- Appleby Reassigned to Albany - Adirondack Thunder
- Olkinuora Returns to Tulsa - Tulsa Oilers
- ECHL Transactions - March 31 - ECHL
- Harpur Becomes Third Former IceMen Player to Reach NHL - Evansville IceMen
- Dodero Recalled by AHL's Syracuse Crunch - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Wheeling Nailers Community Recap - March - Wheeling Nailers
- Jackals Add Forward Steven McParland - Elmira Jackals
- Ryan McGrath joins Monarchs; Steven Hodges back to Portland - Manchester Monarchs
- Preview: Swamp Rabbits Face K-Wings in a Hat-Trick Weekend of Hockey - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Mavericks Announce First Two Playoff Games - Kansas City Mavericks
- Cyclones Game Notes: vs Indy - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Rush Announce 50/50 Start Points for Weekend - Rapid City Rush
- Rush Announce Jersey Drawings - Rapid City Rush
- Palazzese Returns to Nailers, Foster Recalled to AHL - Wheeling Nailers
- Defenseman Derik Johnson Loaned to Springfield - Reading Royals
- ECHL Today - March 31 - ECHL
- Steelheads Playoff-Bound, Top Utah, Clinch Playoff Berth - Idaho Steelheads
- Mavericks Sweep Season Series against Mallards - Kansas City Mavericks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.