Mavericks Sweep Season Series against Mallards
INDEPENDENCE, MISSOURI - The Missouri Mavericks completed a season-series sweep against the Quad City Mallards on Wednesday night at Silverstein Eye Centers Arena, earning their fifth straight win of the season against the visiting team.
Missouri Mavericks vs Quad City Mallards, Mar. 30, 2016 (Photo Credit: Jeremiah Griffith)
Sebastien Sylvestre brought the home team up 3-0 with a powerful shot off a rebound just 1:20 into the second frame, assisted by Rocco Carzo and Courtney. The Mallards ended Parker Milner's chance at a shutout when Vladimir Nikiforov took a loose puck to the back of the Mavs' net at 4:52.
Darian Dziurzynski found himself all alone in front of Quad City net-minder, P.J. Musico, on a breakaway and went fivehole to boost the Mavericks up 4-1 over their opponent midway through the second period.
Dziurzynski's twenty-third goal of the season was followed-up in the third period by Tyler Barnes' twenty-third tally of the season when he deflected the puck past Musico at 5:50. Trevor Ludwig and Scott Howes were credited with the assists on the play.
Missouri carried their 5-1 lead for a little over two minutes until a Quad City power-play afforded the visiting team a goal via Jordan Knackstedt at 8:07.
The Mavericks held on to a 5-2 game through the remainder of regulation, with Parker Milner making 32 saves through 59:57 between the pipes for Missouri. His overall record improves to 17-5-0-1 for the 2015-16 season with the win.
The Mavericks have already earned themselves a spot in the 2016 Kelly Cup Playoffs, and having clinched the Brabham Cup as regular season point champions of the ECHL, will play with home ice advantage throughout the post-season.
The Mavericks play their next three games at home, beginning weekend with back-to-back match-ups against the Allen Americans on Friday, Apr. 1st (7:05p.m.) and Saturday, Apr. 2nd (7:05p.m.). Tickets for all Missouri Mavericks home games are available online at Ticketmaster.com and in-person at the Silverstein Eye Centers Arena box office.
Images from this story
Missouri Mavericks Bench Offers Congratulations
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 31, 2016
- Brassart Rejoins Mallards - Quad City Mallards
- Cyclones Offensive Onslaught Blows by Indy - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Forward Justin Crandall Returned to Reading - Reading Royals
- Overtime Buzzer Beater Puts Wings over Swamp Rabbits - Kalamazoo Wings
- Appleby Reassigned to Albany - Adirondack Thunder
- Olkinuora Returns to Tulsa - Tulsa Oilers
- ECHL Transactions - March 31 - ECHL
- Harpur Becomes Third Former IceMen Player to Reach NHL - Evansville IceMen
- Dodero Recalled by AHL's Syracuse Crunch - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Wheeling Nailers Community Recap - March - Wheeling Nailers
- Jackals Add Forward Steven McParland - Elmira Jackals
- Ryan McGrath joins Monarchs; Steven Hodges back to Portland - Manchester Monarchs
- Preview: Swamp Rabbits Face K-Wings in a Hat-Trick Weekend of Hockey - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Mavericks Announce First Two Playoff Games - Kansas City Mavericks
- Cyclones Game Notes: vs Indy - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Rush Announce 50/50 Start Points for Weekend - Rapid City Rush
- Rush Announce Jersey Drawings - Rapid City Rush
- Palazzese Returns to Nailers, Foster Recalled to AHL - Wheeling Nailers
- Defenseman Derik Johnson Loaned to Springfield - Reading Royals
- ECHL Today - March 31 - ECHL
- Steelheads Playoff-Bound, Top Utah, Clinch Playoff Berth - Idaho Steelheads
- Mavericks Sweep Season Series against Mallards - Kansas City Mavericks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Mavericks Stories
- Mavericks Announce Full 2019-20 Regular Season Schedule
- Mavericks Acquire Forward Zeb Knutson from Maine to Complete Futures Trade
- Mavericks Announce Protected List
- Mavericks Announce 2019-20 Regular Season Home Schedule
- Mavericks Trainer Nick Potter Wins ECHL Athletic Trainer of the Year Award