#RSLvFCD: Five Facts You Need to Know
Sixth-place FC Dallas (6-4-6, 24 points) visits ninth-place Real Salt Lake SC (5-7-6, 21 points) on Saturday, Oct. 24 at 8:30PM CT. It's the first and only meeting between the teams this season.
Details You Need to Know:
Gameday Social: #RSLvFCD
TV: 8:30PM on TXA 21 and the FCDTV Network
Streaming: 8:30PM CT on FCDallas.com/Stream, ESPN+ (outside of the DFW market)
Radio: 8PM CT on FCDallas.com/Radio (English) and1270AM (Spanish),
Next Home Match: FC Dallas hosts Inter Miami CF on Oct. 28 at 7:30PM CT at Toyota Stadium in a match presented by Pepsi.
5 Things to Know about #RSLvFCD
Saturday's match will see the return of two important players to FCD's 20-man match day squad. Defender Matt Hedges is on the road to recovery from a muscle strain but could be deemed fit enough to travel with the team to Utah. Also, winger Michael Barrios will return from a one-game suspension due to yellow card accumulation. While Hedges may not have the fitness to be in the starting lineup just yet, you'd expect Barrios to return to his familiar right-wing spot after a week-and-a-half of rest. The duo's return could be a huge lift to the team following their defeat away in Nashville.
The match in Salt Lake will be Dallas' second game over four days, meaning we could potentially see a number of lineup changes to deal with the heavy workload. Homegrowns Brandon Servania, Ricardo Pepi and Dante Sealy were all used as substitutes in FCD's match against Nashville, but we could see them from the start against RSL to give the likes of Bryan Acosta, Fafa Picault and Franco Jara a short rest in preparation for the games ahead.
Goals in Salt Lake City
After a goal-filled September, FCD has hit a bit of a dry spell in front of goal registering three goals over six games. However, in its previous trip to Rio Tinto Stadium in 2019, FCD scored four goals over 90 minutes in a 4-2 victory- its highest scoring away outing of the year. If history is anything to go by, Salt Lake City could be the place where Dallas' attack bounces back.
Against Salt Lake
FC Dallas all-time regular season record against Real Salt Lake is 20-12-8 (60 GF, 46 GA). The team's all-time away record in Salt Lake stands at 7-11-4 (26 GF, 33 GA). Last season, Dallas won 4-2 at Rio Tinto Stadium before drawing 0-0 at Toyota Stadium.
About Salt Lake
Real Salt Lake have had a stop-start 2020. While the team hasn't won two games in a row, it also hasn't gone more than four games without registering a victory. Last time out, it just snapped a three-game losing streak with 2-1 upset of the Portland Timbers at Rio Tinto Stadium on Wednesday.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 23, 2020
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced - MLS
- Columbus Crew SC Travels to Face the Houston Dynamo Tomorrow - Columbus Crew SC
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. D.C. United - Atlanta United FC
- Orlando City Looks to Continue Unbeaten Run at Inter Miami - Orlando City SC
- #RSLvFCD: Five Facts You Need to Know - FC Dallas
- Phelipe Called up to Brazil's Olympic Roster for International Friendlies - FC Dallas
- Match Preview: New York Travels to the Midwest to Face Chicago Fire FC - New York Red Bulls
- Inter Miami CF and St. Louis CITY SC Join eMLS Ahead of 2021 eMLS Competitive Season - MLS
- Minnesota United FC vs. FC Cincinnati Preview - Minnesota United FC
- Real Salt Lake Faces FC Dallas on Saturday for the First Time in 2020 - Real Salt Lake
- Inter Miami CF to Join eMLS Ahead of 2021 Competitive Season - Inter Miami CF
- Preview: Sporting KC to Host Colorado on Saturday - Sporting Kansas City
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo Return to Bbva Stadium to Host Columbus Crew SC - Houston Dynamo
- What to Watch for as Nashville SC Hosts New England Revolution - Nashville SC
- Will Bruin Stoppage Time Goal Snatches Point for Sounders FC over Timbers - Seattle Sounders FC
- Timbers, Seattle Battle to 1-1 Draw at Centurylink Field Thursday Night - Portland Timbers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Dallas Stories
- #SEAvFCD: Five Facts You Need to Know
- FC Dallas Completes Transfer of Pablo Aranguiz to Universidad de Chile
- FC Dallas Will Face Seattle Sounders in Western Conference Semifinals
- 2020 New Mexico Bowl Will be Played at Toyota Stadium
- Sixth-Seeded FC Dallas Upsets Third-Seeded Portland Timbers at Providence Park