Match Preview: New York Travels to the Midwest to Face Chicago Fire FC
HARRISON, N.J. - The New York Red Bulls (7-8-4, 25 pts) travel to Soldier Field for the first time since 2005 to face Chicago Fire FC (5-8-5, 20 pts) on Saturday. Kickoff for Saturday night's match is set for 7:30 p.m. ET with coverage on MSG and New York Red Bulls Radio on TuneIn in English and Spanish.
Coverage on MSG begins at 7 p.m. ET with the Red Bulls Pregame show. Steve Cangialosi will have the primary play-by-play responsibilities and will be alongside Shep Messing and Michelle Gingras.
New York Red Bulls Radio begins at 6:30 p.m. EST with Countdown to Kickoff, presented by Honda, hosted by Matt Harmon and Steve Jolley. Ernesto Motta will carry the Spanish play-by-play responsibilities, beginning at 7 p.m.
Saturday's match will be the 60th MLS regular-season game between New York and Toronto FC, with the Chicago owning a 28-19-12 advantage. Saturday will also mark the first time New York as the Red Bulls will play at Soldier Field and 11th time across all competitions as an organization will play at Soldier Field, previously playing eight regular-season (2-4-2) and two playoff matches (0-2-0) as the MetroStars.
Despite their past struggles in Chicago, the Red Bulls have found success in the state of Illinois against Chicago Fire FC with a 2-1-2 record across all competitions in the last five matches. Thirteen of the last 14 regular-season matches have been decided by a goal or less and the record has been split down the middle, 5-5-3, during that stretch.
New York has found success on the road this season, owning a 3-2-3 mark and recording 12 of their 24 team points. The Red Bulls 12 road points are fourth most in MLS and their eight goals allowed is tied for the fourth lowest in the league. New York currently have won three of their last five road games (3-1-1).
New York returns to Red Bull Arena and hosts the New England Revolution on Wednesday, Oct. 28. Kickoff for Wednesday's match is scheduled for 7 p.m. with coverage on MSG and New York Red Bulls Radio in English and Spanish.
MEDIA RESOURCES AVAILABLE FOR USE
(New York Red Bulls vs Chicago Fire FC, October 24, 2020)
Broadcast Transmission Information
Soldier Field - 7:30 p.m. EST (MSG)
Saturday, October 24, 2020
New York Red Bulls vs. Chicago Fire FC
2020 MLS Regular Season Match 20
Soldier Field - Chicago, Ill.
Saturday, October 24, 2020 - 7:30 p.m. ET
MSG, MSG GO, New York Red Bulls Radio
All-Time Series: Chicago leads, 28-19-12
At Chicago: The Fire lead, 16-5-9
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 23, 2020
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced - MLS
- Columbus Crew SC Travels to Face the Houston Dynamo Tomorrow - Columbus Crew SC
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. D.C. United - Atlanta United FC
- Orlando City Looks to Continue Unbeaten Run at Inter Miami - Orlando City SC
- #RSLvFCD: Five Facts You Need to Know - FC Dallas
- Phelipe Called up to Brazil's Olympic Roster for International Friendlies - FC Dallas
- Match Preview: New York Travels to the Midwest to Face Chicago Fire FC - New York Red Bulls
- Inter Miami CF and St. Louis CITY SC Join eMLS Ahead of 2021 eMLS Competitive Season - MLS
- Minnesota United FC vs. FC Cincinnati Preview - Minnesota United FC
- Real Salt Lake Faces FC Dallas on Saturday for the First Time in 2020 - Real Salt Lake
- Inter Miami CF to Join eMLS Ahead of 2021 Competitive Season - Inter Miami CF
- Preview: Sporting KC to Host Colorado on Saturday - Sporting Kansas City
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo Return to Bbva Stadium to Host Columbus Crew SC - Houston Dynamo
- What to Watch for as Nashville SC Hosts New England Revolution - Nashville SC
- Will Bruin Stoppage Time Goal Snatches Point for Sounders FC over Timbers - Seattle Sounders FC
- Timbers, Seattle Battle to 1-1 Draw at Centurylink Field Thursday Night - Portland Timbers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Red Bulls Stories
- New York Red Bulls Defenders Aaron Long and Kyle Duncan Earn U.S. Men's National Team Call-Ups
- New York Red Bulls Announce End of Year Roster Decisions
- Red Bulls Knocked out of MLS Cup Playoffs; Fall to Columbus, 3-2
- New York Travels to Columbus for Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs Round One Matchup
- New York Red Bulls Players and Pediatric Patients Virtually Design Posters to Mark Five-Year Anniversary of Tackle Kids Cancer