Orlando City Looks to Continue Unbeaten Run at Inter Miami
ORLANDO, Fla. - Orlando City SC (8-2-8, 32 points) is set to make the quick trip south on Saturday, Oct. 24, taking on Inter Miami CF (5-11-3, 18 points). Kickoff is set for 3:30 p.m. ET at Inter Miami CF Stadium.
The match will be nationally broadcast on Univision and TUDN, with English commentary available on Twitter. The contest will also be transmitted on Real Radio 104.1 in English and AcciÃ³n 97.9FM, 810AM in Spanish.
"First, the boys understand very well the possibility that we have to keep ascending in this moment, five games where we can define if we belong to the top four or even if Toronto gives us the opportunity, we can climb higher. After we achieved the objective on being in the playoffs, right now we would like to focus on getting the most points we can," Head Coach Oscar Pareja said. "You have some information [about Miami] from those three games before, but this is a new game. It's a new game with different protagonists, different moments or momentums for the teams."
The Lions will look for their third win of the season against the 2020 expansion side, with a pair of 2-1 victories in both of their prior matchups in Orlando earlier this season, the first of which coming on July 8 in the MLS is Back Tournament opener and the second coming on Sept. 12 at Exploria Stadium.
City comes into Saturday's match with its last outing resulting in a 1-1 draw at the New York Red Bulls this past Sunday. Nani scored the lone goal for the Lions in the match, converting from the penalty spot for his fifth finish of the year. The home side would go on to level late however, with Brian White finding the back of the net in second-half stoppage time to force the two sides to split the points on the night.
Chris Mueller leads the Lions in both goals and assists this season, at eight and six respectively. Nani follows with 10 total goal contributions, with five goals and five assists to his credit.
Inter Miami enters Saturday's fixture after falling 2-1 to Montreal last Saturday. Bojan opened the scoring in the sixth minute for the Impact, only to be answered by Miami's Brek Shea in the 33rd minute to level the two sides going into halftime. Maximiliano Urruti would go on to score the game-winner for the Impact in the 80th minute however, forcing Miami to return home empty-handed.
Following Saturday's match, the Lions face a quick turnaround as they return home to host Atlanta United FC on Wednesday, Oct. 28 at Exploria Stadium.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 23, 2020
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced - MLS
- Columbus Crew SC Travels to Face the Houston Dynamo Tomorrow - Columbus Crew SC
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. D.C. United - Atlanta United FC
- Orlando City Looks to Continue Unbeaten Run at Inter Miami - Orlando City SC
- #RSLvFCD: Five Facts You Need to Know - FC Dallas
- Phelipe Called up to Brazil's Olympic Roster for International Friendlies - FC Dallas
- Match Preview: New York Travels to the Midwest to Face Chicago Fire FC - New York Red Bulls
- Inter Miami CF and St. Louis CITY SC Join eMLS Ahead of 2021 eMLS Competitive Season - MLS
- Minnesota United FC vs. FC Cincinnati Preview - Minnesota United FC
- Real Salt Lake Faces FC Dallas on Saturday for the First Time in 2020 - Real Salt Lake
- Inter Miami CF to Join eMLS Ahead of 2021 Competitive Season - Inter Miami CF
- Preview: Sporting KC to Host Colorado on Saturday - Sporting Kansas City
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo Return to Bbva Stadium to Host Columbus Crew SC - Houston Dynamo
- What to Watch for as Nashville SC Hosts New England Revolution - Nashville SC
- Will Bruin Stoppage Time Goal Snatches Point for Sounders FC over Timbers - Seattle Sounders FC
- Timbers, Seattle Battle to 1-1 Draw at Centurylink Field Thursday Night - Portland Timbers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orlando City SC Stories
- Orlando City Exercises Options on 12 Players Following 2020 MLS Campaign
- Orlando City SC Forward Dom Dwyer to Enter Free Agency
- Orlando City SC Designated Player Mauricio Pereyra Agrees to Contract Extension
- Orlando City SC Executes Permanent Transfer for Antonio Carlos, Defender Signs New Contract
- Daryl Dike and Chris Mueller Receive International Call-Ups to U.S. Men's National Team