Royals Toppled by Giants
Langley, BC - The Victoria Royals were defeated 5-2 by the Vancouver Giants on Friday night at the Langley Events Centre snapping a four-game win streak.
Gamesheet - bit.ly/2QS1Ft6.
Royals - Carson Miller 1g-0a, Gary Haden 1g-0a, Brayden Tracey 0g-1a.
Vancouver - Justin Sourdif 2g-2a (Game Winner), Milos Roman 1g-1a, Bowen Byram 1g-1a, Tristen Nielsen 1g-0a, Alex Kannok-Leipert 0g-1a, Eric Florchuk 0g-1a, David Tendeck 0g-1a, Seth Bafaro 0g-1a.
Royals - Adam Evanoff (L) - 59:33 mins, 21 saves on 25 shots.
Vancouver - David Tendeck (W) - 60:00 mins, 24 saves on 26 shots.
Royals - 0/0 = 0.0%.
Vancouver - 0/1 = 0.0%.
Stingy Starts: In tonight's game, the Royals did not allow a goal against in the first period. Victoria is currently tied with the Prince George Cougars for the fewest first period goals allowed in the WHL with 35.
BC Division: This season, Victoria has posted a record of 17-9-0-0 against clubs from the BC Division. The Royals are tied with the Giants (15-7-3-1) for the most points gained from divisional games with 34.
Season Highs: With the loss tonight, the Royals winning streak ended at four games. Victoria's streak tied a season high of four consecutive wins, which had occurred on two other occasions this year.
Power Shortage: Tonight's contest marked the first time in their nine-year history that the Royals did not have a powerplay opportunity.
Call Up: Qualicum Beach, BC product Cage Newans played in his second WHL contest tonight. The 2003-born forward was recently recalled from the Oceanside Generals of the Vancouver Island Junior Hockey League. Newans is currently the fourth leading scorer on his Junior B team with 30 points (17g-13a) in 39 games.
Road Trip: Victoria will conclude their three-game BC Division road trip with a pair of contests against the Kamloops Blazers tomorrow and Monday. Puck drop for tomorrow's game is at 7:00 p.m., while Monday's contest is scheduled for 2:00 p.m.
Back Home: The Royals will home return home on Wednesday, February 19th, versus the Calgary Hitmen, for the first of three-games in four nights. Victoria will then battle the Kelowna Rockets on Friday, February 21st and Saturday, February 22nd. Saturday's game is the Royals' annual Pink in the Rink Night in support of the BC Cancer Foundation. Puck drop for all three games is scheduled for 7:05 p.m. Tickets can be purchased in person at the Select Your Tickets box office, over the phone by calling 250-220-7777, or online at www.selectyourtickets.com.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from February 15, 2020
- Saskatoon Scores Six to Seal Victory in Swift - Saskatoon Blades
- Game Day Hub: February 15 - Portland Winterhawks
- ICE Battle Hurricanes on Back-To-Back Nights - Winnipeg Ice
- Calgary Hitmen Game Preview - Saturday, February 15 at Prince George - Calgary Hitmen
- Game 54 at Edmonton - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Silvertips Outlast Seattle, 2-1 - Everett Silvertips
- Sasha Mutala Hat Trick Leads Ams to Dramatic 5-4 Victory over Warriors - Tri-City Americans
- Oil Kings See Home Point-Streak Snapped at 16 with Loss to Pats - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Giants Earn Their Eighth Straight Victory, a 5-2 Win over Victoria - Vancouver Giants
- Royals Toppled by Giants - Victoria Royals
- Another Third Period Lapse Proves Costly for Rebels - Red Deer Rebels
- Portland Cruises to Victory against Spokane - Portland Winterhawks
- T-Birds Drop Close Game to Tips - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Warriors Dealt Narrow Loss to Tri-City - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Wheat Kings Double up Blades - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Streak Snapped as Winterhawks Defeat Chiefs, 4-1 - Spokane Chiefs
- Blades Comeback Falls Short in Brandon - Saskatoon Blades
- Hurricanes Edge ICE, 5-4 - Winnipeg Ice
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.