Royals Athletic Trainer and Equipment Manager Receive Awards
Reading, PA - The Reading Royals of the ECHL today announced that the organization's athletic trainer, Brian Grogesky, and equipment manager, Pat Noecker, received awards at the annual meetings of athletic trainers and equipment managers of the ECHL in St. Louis, Missouri. Grogesky was honored as the Sports Health Athletic Trainer of the Year as presented by the Professional Hockey Athletic Trainers Society; while Noecker received the In Glas Co Equipment Manager of the Year Award from the Society of Professional Hockey Equipment Managers. The awards were based upon peer voting in each respective profession.
Grogesky, who has served as the team's athletic trainer since the inception of the organization seven years ago, has been on the Royals' bench for over 500 consecutive games. Grogesky, who was inducted into the Reading Eagle Wall of Honor in February of 2007, has twice served as an athletic trainer in the ECHL's All-Star Game. Noecker, a former professional in-line goaltender who has served as the Royals' emergency back-up goaltender on a number of occasions, has been the head equipment manager for the Royals since January of 2006. Noecker, who grew up in the Reading area and graduated from Wyomissing High School, began his career as an equipment manager in the Royals' inaugural season when he served as an assistant for the team's equipment staff. This past season, Noecker served as the equipment manager for the American Conference in the ECHL All-Star Game in Stockton, California.
The Royals open the 2008-08 regular season against the Elmira Jackals on Friday, October 17, 2008 at First Arena in Elmira, New York. The Royals' home opener is set for Saturday, October 25, 2008, when the Johnstown Chiefs visit the Sovereign Center. Royals' full Season Tickets and Total Choice Flex Plans are now on sale. To obtain more information on becoming a part Royals' hockey, call 610-898-PUCK to speak with Royals' ticket representative or visit the Royals website, www.royalshockey.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from June 16, 2008
- Condors Care-A-Van coming to a town near you this summer - Bakersfield Condors
- ECHL Announces Season-Ending Rosters - ECHL
- Falcons announce season ending roster - Fresno Falcons
- Aces announce season ending roster - Alaska Aces
- Grizzlies announce season ending roster - Utah Grizzlies
- Falcons Gear Up for Summer Blast - Fresno Falcons
- Condors announce season ending roster - Bakersfield Condors
- Salmon Kings announce season ending roster - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Kings acquire a RoadRunner - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Emerson named Exec of the year - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Checkers announce season ending roster - Charlotte Checkers
- Bombers' Season Ending Roster Announced - Dayton Bombers
- 2007-08 Season-Ending Roster Announced - Stockton Thunder
- Royals Announce Season-Ending Roster - Reading Royals
- Over 130 Team Representatives Attend ECHL Meetings - ECHL
- ECHL Mourns Loss Of Former Team Executive Milne - ECHL
- Royals Athletic Trainer and Equipment Manager Receive Awards - Reading Royals
- RoadRunners Trade Christie To Victoria - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Kelly Cup Photographs Available - ECHL
- Gladiators Garner Awards - Atlanta Gladiators
- Dave Piecuch Awarded ECHL's Top Ticket Executive - Stockton Thunder
- Emerson, Piecuch Named Ticket Executive Of The Year - ECHL
- Game-Worn Jerseys For Condors, Cyclones, Grizzlies, Royals, Storm, Wranglers Available - ECHL
- Ice Pilots Mourn Loss of Frank Milne - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Nailers Charity Steak Fry Nears - Wheeling Nailers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Reading Royals Stories
- Reading Royals Announce Royals20for20 Small Business Stimulus Campaign
- Reading Royals Introduce FanSaves App to Connect Their Fans and Sponsors
- Reading Royals and Met-Ed Announce Joint Volunteer & Community Engagement Initiatives for 2020-2021
- Reading Royals Youth Hockey Association Announces Upcoming Clinics and Hockey Camps for Summer 2021
- ECHL's North Division Enacts COVID Voluntary Suspension and Plans 2021-22 Return