Dave Piecuch Awarded ECHL's Top Ticket Executive
STOCKTON, Calif. - The Stockton Thunder announced in conjunction with the ECHL that Thunder vice president of sales Dave Piecuch has been named National Conference winner of the ECHL Ticket Sales Executive of the Year Award for 2007-08.
The winners were selected in a vote of league general manager and ticketing managers. Thom Emerson of the Mississippi Sea Wolves was the recipient of the American Conference award.
"As our Vice President of Sales in each of our first three seasons, Dave has been the driving force of three consecutive ECHL attendance championships," said Thunder president Dan Chapman. "He has done a fabulous job leading our sales staff and this is truly a well-deserved honor."
"I am very much honored to receive the ECHL Ticket Sales Executive Award for the 2007-08 season," said Piecuch. "This reward is a direct result of all of the hard work that our entire staff puts in during the season, and also is a reflection on our loyal fans, who have made the city of Stockton a great hockey community."
Piecuch, 32, has served the Thunder in his current capacity since the team's inception in 2005-06 and helped the organization become the first team in the ECHL since 2004-05 to lead the league in attendance for three straight seasons (Florida led the ECHL in attendance for five straight seasons). In 2007-08, the Thunder experienced an 88 percent renewal rate of season ticket holders and sold over 3,000 season tickets.
Under his guidance, the Thunder has also drawn 12 sellouts at the 9,737-seat Stockton Arena in three seasons, attracted a season crowd of 239,337 fans in 2007-08 (average of 6,648 fans per game) and was the co-recipient of the ECHL's "Ticket Department of the Year" award in 2005-06.
A native of Elmira, N.Y., Piecuch supervises all ticket sales ventures for the Thunder and the arenafootball2's Stockton Lightning and assists with the organization's corporate sales department. Piecuch came to Stockton after serving as Vice President for the Adirondack Frostbite of the United Hockey League in 2003-05 and previously served in various roles for the Elmira Jackals and National Hockey Legaue's Buffalo Sabres. Piecuch graduated from Fredonia State (N.Y.) University in 1998 with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration.
The Thunder opens the 2008-09 regular season at home on Saturday, October 18 against the local rival Fresno Falcons at Stockton Arena, beginning at 7:30 p.m. Thunder season ticket holders enjoy the highest-demanded seating locations in Stockton Arena, preferred parking options, benefits including admission to season ticket holder-only events, discount opportunities on Thunder merchandise, a free e-newsletter, admission to the first two rounds of the Kelly Cup Playoffs and more. Details on Thunder promotional and giveaway nights will be announced soon.
The ECHL affiliate of the National Hockey League's Edmonton Oilers and American Hockey League's Springfield Falcons, the Thunder has led the ECHL in attendance for three consecutive seasons and drew 239,337 fans to Stockton Arena in 2007-08. Season tickets for 2008-09 are now on sale and begin at just $335. A deposit of just $50 reserves your seat for the 2008-09 season! For more information about tickets, merchandise, or other inquiries contact the Stockton Thunder offices at (209) 373-1500 or visit www.stocktonthunder.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from June 16, 2008
- Condors Care-A-Van coming to a town near you this summer - Bakersfield Condors
- ECHL Announces Season-Ending Rosters - ECHL
- Falcons announce season ending roster - Fresno Falcons
- Aces announce season ending roster - Alaska Aces
- Grizzlies announce season ending roster - Utah Grizzlies
- Falcons Gear Up for Summer Blast - Fresno Falcons
- Condors announce season ending roster - Bakersfield Condors
- Salmon Kings announce season ending roster - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Kings acquire a RoadRunner - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Emerson named Exec of the year - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Checkers announce season ending roster - Charlotte Checkers
- Bombers' Season Ending Roster Announced - Dayton Bombers
- 2007-08 Season-Ending Roster Announced - Stockton Thunder
- Royals Announce Season-Ending Roster - Reading Royals
- Over 130 Team Representatives Attend ECHL Meetings - ECHL
- ECHL Mourns Loss Of Former Team Executive Milne - ECHL
- Royals Athletic Trainer and Equipment Manager Receive Awards - Reading Royals
- RoadRunners Trade Christie To Victoria - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Kelly Cup Photographs Available - ECHL
- Gladiators Garner Awards - Atlanta Gladiators
- Dave Piecuch Awarded ECHL's Top Ticket Executive - Stockton Thunder
- Emerson, Piecuch Named Ticket Executive Of The Year - ECHL
- Game-Worn Jerseys For Condors, Cyclones, Grizzlies, Royals, Storm, Wranglers Available - ECHL
- Ice Pilots Mourn Loss of Frank Milne - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Nailers Charity Steak Fry Nears - Wheeling Nailers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Stockton Thunder Stories
- Final Weather Report: All the News and Notes from the Stockton Thunder
- Thunder Announce End of the Year Equipment Sale
- Thunder Win Final ECHL Game in front of Sold Out Crowd
- Final Thunder Home Game at Stockton Arena at 7:30 p.m.
- Larocque Scores in Second Straight against Bakersfield but Team Falls