Gladiators Garner Awards
The Gwinnett Gladiators received top honors from the ECHL last week at the 2008 ECHL Marketing and Communications Meetings held in Las Vegas. After undergoing a revamp last summer, the Gladiators website was named the ECHL Website of the Year for 2007-2008 and took home the all-inclusive honor of the 2007-2008 Team Award of Excellence. The awards ceremony was held on Tuesday morning at the start of the day's session.
The Team Award of Excellence is presented annually by the ECHL to organizations that are first-rate, cooperative with the league office, compliant with league programs and who distinguish themselves on and off the ice in their community.
The web sites were reviewed by Rich Libero and the staff of NHL.com, the official web site of the National Hockey League.
"This season presented the biggest challenge yet," said Libero, who is in his ninth year as Vice President of Editorial & Production for NHL.com. "Across the board ECHL club sites took a big step in the right direction, particularly in the video space."
Gwinnett's web site is designed and supported by Andrew Cortez and Gary Nichols of Interdev with hosting provided by GoDaddy.com. The site is updated by Director of Broadcasting and Media Relations Dustin Bixby and Director of Merchandise Christina Johnson.
"Gwinnett represented a cleanly-packaged site with simple navigation, easy-to-track scheduling and easy e-commerce," said Libero.
The Bakersfield Condors were also recognized with the best website in the National Conference. Gwinnett received the honor for the American Conference. It was the second time that Bakersfield was recognized for their site having won the award during the 2004-05 season.
The Gladiators open the 2008-09 season in October of 2008. Season tickets for the 2008-09 season are on sale now. Log on to gwinnettgladiators.com or call the Gladiators office at 770-497-5100 for more information.
The ECHL concluded its 20th Anniversary Season as the Premier 'AA' Hockey League in 2007-08, the ECHL began in 1988-89 with five teams in three states and has grown to be a coast-to-coast league that has 25 teams in 17 states and British Columbia in 2007-08. The Cincinnati Cyclones captured the ECHL Championship in June of 2008 defeating the Las Vegas Wranglers 4-games-to-2 to win the Kelly Cup.
The Gwinnett Gladiators open their sixth season as a proud member of the ECHL in October of 2008 - season ticket packages are on sale now. In addition, the Gladiators offer several unique multi-game ticket packages as well as discounted group rates, suite rentals, and birthday parties. For more information call 770-497-5100 or log on to gwinnettgladiators.com.
The Gladiators are the AA affiliate of the Atlanta Thrashers and play all home games at the spectacular 11,355-seat Arena at Gwinnett Center, located just off I-85 on Sugarloaf Parkway in Duluth, where parking is always free.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from June 16, 2008
- Condors Care-A-Van coming to a town near you this summer - Bakersfield Condors
- ECHL Announces Season-Ending Rosters - ECHL
- Falcons announce season ending roster - Fresno Falcons
- Aces announce season ending roster - Alaska Aces
- Grizzlies announce season ending roster - Utah Grizzlies
- Falcons Gear Up for Summer Blast - Fresno Falcons
- Condors announce season ending roster - Bakersfield Condors
- Salmon Kings announce season ending roster - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Kings acquire a RoadRunner - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Emerson named Exec of the year - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Checkers announce season ending roster - Charlotte Checkers
- Bombers' Season Ending Roster Announced - Dayton Bombers
- 2007-08 Season-Ending Roster Announced - Stockton Thunder
- Royals Announce Season-Ending Roster - Reading Royals
- Over 130 Team Representatives Attend ECHL Meetings - ECHL
- ECHL Mourns Loss Of Former Team Executive Milne - ECHL
- Royals Athletic Trainer and Equipment Manager Receive Awards - Reading Royals
- RoadRunners Trade Christie To Victoria - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Kelly Cup Photographs Available - ECHL
- Gladiators Garner Awards - Atlanta Gladiators
- Dave Piecuch Awarded ECHL's Top Ticket Executive - Stockton Thunder
- Emerson, Piecuch Named Ticket Executive Of The Year - ECHL
- Game-Worn Jerseys For Condors, Cyclones, Grizzlies, Royals, Storm, Wranglers Available - ECHL
- Ice Pilots Mourn Loss of Frank Milne - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Nailers Charity Steak Fry Nears - Wheeling Nailers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.