Roadrunners Announce Van Ryn to Leave Team to Pursue NHL Coaching Opportunity
TUCSON, ARIZONA - Tucson Roadrunners' General Manager Steve Sullivan announced today that Head Coach Mike Van Ryn is leaving the Roadrunners to pursue an NHL coaching opportunity. The Roadrunners will begin a search for a new head coach immediately.
"On behalf of the entire organization, I'd like to thank Mike for everything that he did for the Roadrunners last season," said Sullivan. "We wish him and his family all the best in the future."
Last season, the 39-year-old Van Ryn led the Roadrunners to the Pacific Division title after posting a regular season record of 42-20-5-1. The Roadrunners were defeated by the Texas Stars in the second round of the Calder Cup playoffs.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from May 30, 2018
- Roadrunners to Hold Stanley Cup Watch Party at Brother John's - Tucson Roadrunners
- What You Need to Know in Condorstown: Edition 6 - Bakersfield Condors
- Deadline to Renew Season Ticket Memberships this Friday - Tucson Roadrunners
- Calder Cup Finals to be Broadcast Live on TSN 2 - Toronto Marlies
- 2018 Calder Cup Finals to Air on TSN2, NHL Network - AHL
- Hometown Heroes: An Evening of Professional Boxing Coming to Yardmen Arena - Belleville Senators
- Roadrunners Announce Van Ryn to Leave Team to Pursue NHL Coaching Opportunity - Tucson Roadrunners
- Syracuse Crunch to Hold Equipment Sale June 5 - Syracuse Crunch
- Stars & H-E-B Center to Host Calder Cup Finals Watch Parties - Texas Stars
- Wild Reaches $1.2 Million in Charitable Contributions During First Five Years in Central Iowa - Iowa Wild
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tucson Roadrunners Stories
- Bakersfield Takes Two, Roadrunners Still Enter All-Star Break Atop Pacific Division
- Game 40 Preview: Bakersfield at Tucson
- Roadrunners Return Home Spoiled, Rematch Set For Tomorrow
- Bakersfield Spoils Roadrunners' Return Home
- Game 39 Preview: Bakersfield at Tucson