Rivermen Sign Derek Peltier to PTO
Peoria Rivermen General Manager Kevin McDonald announced Thursday that the club has signed defenseman Derek Peltier to a professional tryout contract. The Rivermen now have 23 players on their roster; 15 forwards, six defensemen and two goaltenders.
The Rivermen will host the Manitoba Moose on Friday night to open the 29th season of professional hockey in Peoria and their sixth in the American Hockey League. Game time is set for 7:05 p.m. and the first 5,000 fans will receive a reusable static cling schedule courtesy of Heritage Bank.
Peltier, 25, spent the majority of last season on the blue line for the Lake Erie Monsters (AHL). He recorded 13 points (one goal, 12 assists) in 44 games. He also saw time at the NHL level with the Colorado Avalanche, playing in three games for the club.
Originally drafted by Colorado in the sixth round (184th overall) of the 2004 NHL Entry Draft, Peltier has played 14 career games in the NHL and 113 AHL games in his two full professional seasons. He spent four years at the University of Minnesota from 2004-2008 where he played alongside current Blues defenseman Erik Johnson.
A native of Plymouth, Minn., the 5-foot-11-inch, 195-pound defenseman played his junior hockey with Cedar Rapids of the United States Hockey League.
Season ticket packages are still on sale through the Rivermen office. Call (309) 676-1040 for more information or to reserve your seat for the upcoming season.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 7, 2010
- Wolf Pack/Whale Sign Three to AHL Contracts - Connecticut Whale
- Griffins Open 15th Season at Home Friday - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Wolf Pack Season Preview - Connecticut Whale
- Rivermen Take Postgame Show to the Locker Room - Peoria Rivermen
- Rampage Announce Opening Night Roster - San Antonio Rampage
- Monarchs Announce Transactions - Manchester Monarchs
- CBS Radio to Broadcast Checkers Games - Charlotte Checkers
- Barons Roster Trimmed by Seven - Oklahoma City Barons
- 593 AHL Graduates Start 2010-11 Season on NHL Rosters - AHL
- Worcester Sharks Announce 2010-11 Opening Night Roster - Worcester Sharks
- Amerks Home Opener Could Get 'Chippy' - Rochester Americans
- Canucks Acquire Defenceman Nathan Paetsch from Panthers - Manitoba Moose
- Wolves Sign Huxley - Chicago Wolves
- Bob Crawford to Continue as "Voice" of Wolf Pack/Whale - Connecticut Whale
- Veteran Defenseman Troy Milam Signs with Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Rivermen Sign Derek Peltier to PTO - Peoria Rivermen
- Moose Sign Curry to PTO; Moose Release Pope & Waugh - Manitoba Moose
- B-Sens Assign Defenseman Brennan Turner to Elmira - Binghamton Senators
- Cullimore and Potulny Assgined to Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- American Hockey League Announces Officiating Development Agreement with NHL - AHL
- Doug Shedden and Tom Callahan guest on Episode 17 of Puska on Pucks - OSC Original by Denis Puska
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.