RiverDogs to Be Featured on ESPN, Man vs. Food
CHARLESTON, SC - The Charleston RiverDogs once again will appear on the national stage with two separate yet equally intriguing features in the coming days.
On Tues., Aug. 18, former RiverDogs switch-pitching closer Pat Venditte punctuates the most recent episode of E60, which will air live at 7 p.m. on ESPN and ESPN HD.
And on Wed., Aug. 19, fans can look for bits and pieces of Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park in the newest installment of Man vs. Food to air on the Travel Channel beginning at 10 p.m. The RiverDogs' food and beverage division will be the focal point of later episode of Man vs. Food on Wed., Sept. 30, as the show's star Adam Richman journeys minor league ballparks all across the country to sample the best offerings.
Venditte, a former standout at Creighton University in Omaha, Neb. and the Staten Island Yankees, saved 20 games for the RiverDogs this spring and early summer before his promotion to the High-A Tampa Yankees of the Florida State League on June 26. The only ambidextrous hurler in professional baseball registered a 2-2 record with a 1.47 ERA in 28 appearances for the RiverDogs, while fanning an impressive 40 batters in 30.2 innings of work.
Earlier this year Venditte as a RiverDog was featured in Rick Reilly's Life of Reilly column in ESPN the Magazine and on ESPN.com, on the CBS Evening News and in numerous other media outlets including sports radio shows across the country.
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from August 17, 2009
- Drive edged by Crawdads, 5-3 - Hickory Crawdads
- Suns provide late drama before falling, 7-5 - Hagerstown Suns
- Perez knocks in four to pace Jackets to 7-5 win - Augusta GreenJackets
- Marte's bat powers Gnats to win - Savannah Sand Gnats
- Power win streak reaches nine - West Virginia Power
- Hot Rods hop the Hoppers with 6-5 win - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Intimidators blank Lexington, 6-0 - Kannapolis Intimidators
- Kannapolis takes series opener from Legends, 6-0 - Lexington Legends
- Asheville's power not enough for West Virginia - Asheville Tourists
- BlueClaws lose, split roadtrip - Lakewood BlueClaws
- RiverDogs crack BlueClaws, 4-1 - Charleston RiverDogs
- Intimidators Announce 2010 Schedule - Kannapolis Intimidators
- Sand Gnats Make Roster Changes - Savannah Sand Gnats
- RiverDogs to Be Featured on ESPN, Man vs. Food - Charleston RiverDogs
- Crawdads announce 2010 Schedule - Hickory Crawdads
- RiverDogs Release '10 Schedule - Charleston RiverDogs
- BlueClaws Individual Game Playoff Tickets Now On Sale - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Greenville Drive Game to Celebrate Spartanburg Community - Greenville Drive
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Charleston RiverDogs Stories
- RiverDogs Announce Game Times for 2019 Season
- Severns Named RiverDogs' New Head Groundskeeper
- RiverDogs Reschedule Shrimp and Grits Food Festival to Sunday, November 11
- RiverDogs Add Two New Members to Front Office
- RiverDogs Host Second Annual Shrimp and Grits Food Festival Saturday, November 10