RiverDogs Return for Memorial Day Weekend, Honoring Military as Part of Four Days at the Joe
CHARLESTON, S.C. - The Charleston RiverDogs are back for a four-game, Memorial Day weekend stay as they entertain the Columbia Fireflies starting on Saturday night at Riley Park.
Saturday, May 25, 6:05 p.m.: Military Appreciation Night/Helicopter Ball Drop: As part of their partnership with Boeing, the RiverDogs will offer complementary tickets to active and retired military members and their families on a night to recognize soldiers and their families for the dedication, commitment, and sacrifices they have made (visit riverdogs.com/military for ticket pickup locations). Press your luck after the game for the second postgame ball drop of the season presented by Mix 95.9 and Fox 24. Following the night's tilt against Columbia, the RiverDogs will dump thousands of bouncy balls in a colorful explosion on the field. One lucky fan has a chance to walk away with a $2,000 grand prize if their numbered ball lands on home plate. As part of a Naturday down at The Joe, fans can enjoy the RiverDogs' latest frosty beverage, the Naturdays Beer Shake, featuring Natty Light over strawberry and vanilla ice cream with fresh squeezed lemon.
Sunday, May 26, 5:05 p.m.: Holy City Sunday: The RiverDogs will help their fans beat the heat on an MUSC Health Family Sunday in the Holy City. Lowcountry families can enjoy free parking and play pregame catch on the field while taking refuge from the heat with designated cooling zones located on the concourse. Kids at the ballpark also eat free, run the bases post-game, and members of the MUSC Children's Health Kids Club (12 and under) get in for free presented by Y102.5 and ABC News 4. For those that can't make it out to the ballpark, catch the game on MyTV Charleston (Ch. 36 over air) as ABC News 4's Scott Eisberg joins the broadcast booth every Holy City Sunday at The Joe.
Monday, May 27, 5:05 p.m.: Memorial Day/Monday Dog Day: Enjoy a perfect evening out for man's best friend on a special 5:05 start on a Memorial Day Dog Day presented by 96.9 The Wolf. The Charleston faithful can enjoy dollar beers and hot dogs presented by Busch Light while cheering on the RiverDogs with their favorite canine. Keep an eye out for a Bay Street Biergarten craft beer tasting on the concourse. As part of Dogs with a Cause, the RiverDogs and Blackbaud, the local software and services leader for the global philanthropic community, will highlight local non-profit the American Childhood Cancer Organization.
Tuesday, May 28, 11:05 a.m.: Education Day: It's Education Day at The Joe as the RiverDogs welcome students from around the Lowcountry. Approximately 5,000 local students and their teachers will play hooky for the day as the RiverDogs take on Columbia.
Fans can "Make Fun" with the RiverDogs all season long down at The Joe. Single-game tickets, including options to the Riley Park Club, are now available at riverdogs.com/tickets or by contacting the RiverDogs front office at 843-577-3647 (DOGS). A full schedule and list of game times for the 2019 season is available at riverdogs.com.
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from May 22, 2019
- Suns Offense Stifled in 2-1 Loss - Hagerstown Suns
- Stowers Smacks Two Homers as Charleston's Slide Continues in Asheville - Charleston RiverDogs
- Two-Out Hitting Powers Tourists to Fourth Straight Home Win - Asheville Tourists
- Bats Do Just Enough as Kannapolis Pitching Shuts Down Hagerstown - Kannapolis Intimidators
- GreenJackets Win, Pull Within a 1/2 Game of 1st Place - Augusta GreenJackets
- Kelenic Homers in 17-7 Blowout Loss - West Virginia Power
- Aparicio Stays Hot in 8-3 Loss to Legends - Hickory Crawdads
- Torres Knock Wins Wild One for 'Birds - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Moreno Homers But Columbia's Win Streak Snapped - Columbia Fireflies
- Game Notes (May 22) - West Virginia Power
- Morales Fans 10 But Birds Walk-Off with 2-1 Win on Wednesday - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Hagerstown Suns Game Notes - Hagerstown Suns
- RiverDogs Return for Memorial Day Weekend, Honoring Military as Part of Four Days at the Joe - Charleston RiverDogs
- "Cover Your Bases" Sun Safety Initiative Gets Underway this Memorial Day - Hagerstown Suns
- Bill on Baseball: No Dramatics, But Hoppers Find a Way - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- Fireflies Game Notes - May 22 vs. Greenville (Game 46) - Columbia Fireflies
- Braves Outlast GreenJackets 7-5 in Opener - Rome Braves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Charleston RiverDogs Stories
- Another Early Barrage Holds up as Charleston Takes Series Lead
- Righty Daniel Bies Called up to High-A Tampa
- Charleston Takes Control Early to Even Series
- RiverDogs Trail in Suspended Opener, Will Resume in Friday Doubleheader
- RiverDogs Offense Shows up Too Late in Road Finale