RHP Garrett Kelly assigned to Myrtle Beach from Low-A South Bend
The Chicago Cubs have announced the following roster moves affecting the Myrtle Beach Pelicans:
-RHP Garrett Kelly has been assigned to Myrtle Beach from Low-A South Bend. He will wear No. 25. Kevonte Mitchell, who is on the 7-day disabled list, is no longer No. 25.
Kelly was signed by the Cubs in March of 2018. The Downey, Calif., native pitched in 18 games with Low-A South Bend, going 1-1 with a 1.34 ERA. He yielded just 19 hits in 33.2 innings, walking 19 against 32 strikeouts. Kelly starred at Wake Forest University and was signed by the Minnesota Twins in 2016. He pitched with the GCL Twins that season before getting released just before the 2017 campaign. He pitched for Schaumburg of the independent Frontier League during the 2017 season.
The Pelicans' roster sits at 25 active players, with six players on the disabled list.
• Discuss this story on the Carolina League message board...
Carolina League Stories from August 12, 2018
- Rocks Go Down Quietly against Pelicans - Wilmington Blue Rocks
- Pelicans Blank Blue Rocks to Take Series - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Mudcats Smash Salem in 9-0 Shutout Win - Carolina Mudcats
- McCarty Dazzles in Debut as Hillcats Sweep Wood Ducks - Lynchburg Hillcats
- Offense Fizzles in Fourth Straight Loss - Down East Wood Ducks
- Sox Washed out 9-0 by Mudcats Sunday - Salem Red Sox
- P-Nats Swept by Winston-Salem in 6-3 Double Up - Potomac Nationals
- Winston Completes Sweep of Potomac Behind 15 Hits - Winston-Salem Dash
- Myrtle Beach Pelicans: Game Notes, August 12 vs. Wilmington - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Series Finale Between Keys and Astros Cancelled - Frederick Keys
- August 12 - Carolina Mudcats Game Information - Carolina Mudcats
- RHP Garrett Kelly assigned to Myrtle Beach from Low-A South Bend - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Winston-Salem Rayados: Game Notes (august 12 Vs. Potomac) - Winston-Salem Dash
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.