Remillard Earns CL Player of the Week Honors
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. - Dash infielder Zach Remillard was named the Carolina League's Player of the Week for May 6-12, the league office announced on Monday.
In five games played last week, Remillard posted a .556 batting average (10-for-18), a .619 on-base percentage, an .889 slugging percentage and five RBIs. He currently is riding a seven-game hitting streak, during which he is 12-for-26, that dates back to May 2.
The former Coastal Carolina star racked up multiple hits in four out of five games played last week. Remillard also notched a home run, triple and double during the seven-day stretch. His two-run triple on May 8 against Lynchburg helped the Dash to come back from a 7-1 deficit to win the ballgame 9-8. Then on Thursday, Remillard went 3-for-4 with an RBI single in a 4-1 victory over the Hillcats.
This is the first career Player of the Week honor for Remillard, and he is the second Dash player to take home a Carolina League weekly honor this season. Outfielder Luis Robert, who is currently with the Double-A Birmingham Barons, was the Carolina League Player of the Week for April 4-14 after hitting five home runs and driving in 15 runs during that span.
Winston-Salem begins a seven-game road trip at Myrtle Beach on Monday night. First pitch is set for 7:05 p.m., and fans can catch all the action at wsdash.com/broadcast and the TuneIn Radio App. Left-hander Konnor Pilkington, who was drafted in the third round by the White Sox last year out of Mississippi State, will make his High-A debut on Monday.
Following the seven-game road trip, the Dash will return to BB&T Ballpark for a four-game set with the Fayetteville Woodpeckers from May 20-23. Promotions include a Free Food Monday, with free hot dogs and fries available until 8:30 p.m., and corndogs while supplies last. Tuesday's game will be a Taco Tuesday, with $2 tacos available at the concession stand behind home plate. The series finale will be a Lowes Foods Thirsty Thursday and a Pups in the Park Night presented by Handy and Handy Orthodontics. For tickets and more information, call the Dash at (336) 714-2287 or visit wsdash.com.
The Winston-Salem Dash are the Class-A Advanced Minor League affiliate of the Chicago White Sox. To purchase tickets and for more information, please call 336-714-2287 or visit www.wsdash.com.
• Discuss this story on the Carolina League message board...
Carolina League Stories from May 13, 2019
- Woodpeckers Pitching Continues to Stumble in Loss - Fayetteville Woodpeckers
- Walker Homers in 11-1 Loss at Myrtle Beach - Winston-Salem Dash
- Three Early Runs Prove Too Much in 4-2 Loss in Lynchburg - Carolina Mudcats
- Potomac Walks off Wood Ducks 4-3 - Potomac Nationals
- P-Nats Hand Woodies First Walk-Off Loss Of Season - Down East Wood Ducks
- Pelicans Crush Dash to Open Series - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Early Rally Leads Lynchburg to Win over Carolina - Lynchburg Hillcats
- Keys and Blue Rocks Postponed - Frederick Keys
- May 13 - Carolina Mudcats Game Information - Carolina Mudcats
- Winston-Salem Dash Game Notes (May 13 at Myrtle Beach) - Winston-Salem Dash
- Hays to Join Keys on Rehab - Frederick Keys
- May 13 Game Information - Down East Wood Ducks
- Myrtle Beach Pelicans Game Notes: May 13 vs. Winston-Salem - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Assad Earns Carolina League Pitcher of the Week Award - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Remillard Earns CL Player of the Week Honors - Winston-Salem Dash
- LHP Konnor Pilkington placed on the Dash's active roster - Winston-Salem Dash
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.