Rebels Score 3 in the Third Period; Win 6-2 over Kootenay
RED DEER, AB - It was a Central Division match-up Thursday night at the ENMAX Centrium between the Red Deer Rebels and the Kootenay Ice. The Rebels had 3 third period goals to pace them to a 6-2 win over the Ice in front of 4,274 on Ladies Night.
The Rebels were up 2-1 after the first period, Turner Elson and Matt Bellerive scored for Red Deer. Brock Montgomery had the Ice goal.
In the second, the Ice tied the game at 2 with a goal from Sam Reinhart. The Rebels got a late goal from Turner Elson to take a 3-2 lead into the dressing room after 2 periods.
It was all Rebels in the third; the Rebels outshot the Ice 12-3 in the period and 30-25 in the game. Red Deer had two goals from Rhyse Dieno and one from Dominik Volek. Red Deer was 1 for 3 on the power play and killed both shorthanded situations. Patrik Bartosak was solid in goal again, making 23 saves.
The Rebels are on the road for the next four games. Tomorrow night, Red Deer will play in Lethbridge, the broadcast on 106.7 The Drive begins at 6:50PM.
Molson Cup Three Stars
Turner Elson "" RD
Rhyse Dieno "" RD
Sam Rienhart "" KTN
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from February 1, 2013
- Hurricanes Edge Rebels 3-2 In Lethbridge - Red Deer Rebels
- Winterhawks Beat Seattle 5-3 Friday - Portland Winterhawks
- Royals Stunned by Cougars - Victoria Royals
- Pats win over Brandon - Regina Pats
- Blades blank Calgary - Calgary Hitmen
- Sound Tigers Come Back to Beat Whale 5-4 - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Blazers Host Chiefs Tonight at ISC - Kamloops Blazers
- Canada West "Husky-WHL Grad of the Month": Blair Macaulay, Manitoba - WHL
- WHL this Week: Looking Ahead - WHL
- Boes Named Player Of The Month - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Pats vs Brandon Gameday Preview - Regina Pats
- Rebels Score 3 in the Third Period; Win 6-2 over Kootenay - Red Deer Rebels
- Royals Upended by Rockets - Victoria Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.