Rawhide Snap Ten-Game Losing Skid with 4-2 Win over Sixers
Visalia, CA - The Inland Empire 66ers of San Bernardino fell the Visalia Rawhide (7-26) 4-2 at Valley Strong Ballpark on Thursday. The victory snapped a ten-game losing streak for the Rawhide as the 66ers stranded 11 runners on base and were 0-for-7 with runners in scoring position in the loss.
The Rawhide took a 1-0 lead against Inland Empire after Ronny Simon singled and eventually scored on Glenallen Hill Jr.'s single. Visalia made it 2-0 in the third with Neyfy Castillo lifted a solo homer to left against Inland Empire starter Adam Seminaris (1-2). The Rawhide added a run in the fifth for a 3-0 advantage. Justin Martinez (1-3) earned his first win of the season for Visalia allowing two hits, five walks and eight Ks in 5.2 shutout innings of work. Inland Empire finally broke through with a run in the seventh when Caleb Scires walked to open the frame and moved along the bags eventually scoring on a passed ball. Inland Empire fought until the end as Jose Guzman was hit by a pitch to open the ninth and scored when Elijah Greene followed with a RBI double to left-center. Greene finished 2-for-3 with a walk. After Jeremy Arocho drew his third walk of the game, Visalia put in their closer Mailon Arroyo. The righty walked the next batter he faced to load the bags and put the tying run aboard but Arroyo (SV, 3) struck out Low-A West RBI leader Jeremiah Jackson and got Braxton Martinez to fly out to end the game. Inland Empire (15-17) drew a season-best ten walks but only one batter who took a free pass came around to score. D'Shawn Knowles (eight games) and Martinez (seven games) each saw hitting streaks snapped.
The series continues Friday at Visalia at 6:00pm. The contest can be heard live on 66ers.com.
• Discuss this story on the Low-A West League message board...
Low-A West League Stories from June 11, 2021
- Rawhide Open Valley Strong Ballpark to Full Capacity - Visalia Rawhide
- LoanMart Scholarship Deadline Extended - Rancho Cucamonga Quakes
- Rawhide Snap Ten-Game Losing Skid with 4-2 Win over Sixers - Inland Empire 66ers
- Storm Drop a Hard Fought Battle in Lake Elsinore - Lake Elsinore Storm
- Grizzlies Go Nuts in First Inning, Shell Modesto 12-1 Thursday - Fresno Grizzlies
- Ports Pound Giants, Win Streak Snapped at Four - San Jose Giants
- Ports Snap Skid in Style with 14-5 Romp over Giants - Stockton Ports
- Nuts Continue to Avoid Their First Shutout of the Year - Modesto Nuts
- Lewis Bomb Leads Quakes to Win - Rancho Cucamonga Quakes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Inland Empire 66ers Stories
- 66ers Rally Falls Short as Stockton Opens Series with 6-5 Win
- Sixers Unload Three Homers, Hold on for 8-7 Win over Storm
- Jackson, Reyes Go Deep as Dashwood Shines on Mound in Sixers Win
- Storm Makes It Two Straight over 66ers in San Bernardino
- Robinson Pina Dazzles But Storm Come Back to Down Inland Empire