Lewis Bomb Leads Quakes to Win
Lake Elsinore, CA - Brandon Lewis crushed a tie-breaking three-run shot in the eighth inning, as the Quakes downed the Storm for the second time in three days, winning on Thursday by a final of 7-4 at The Diamond.
Lewis hit the last of three homers for Rancho, which accounting for all seven of their runs on Thursday.
Sam McWilliams smacked his second of the year to give them an early 2-0 lead in the first and Wladimir Chalo connected for his first of the year in the fifth, which gave the Quakes a temporary 4-2 lead.
With the game tied at 4-4 in the eighth, Storm reliever Ruben Galindo (1-1) walked consecutive hitters with two outs, getting to Lewis, who blasted his fifth of the year to give Rancho the lead for good at 7-4.
Rancho starter Robbie Peto had an up-and-down Thursday, as he scuffled a bit to start his night, but finished strong, allowing two runs on five hits over 3.2 innings in the no-decision.
Quakes' reliever Franklin De La Paz (2-0) pitched well in relief, as he finished the night with 2.2 innings of scoreless relief to notch the win.
Rancho (18-14) now leads Lake Elsinore by 3 Â1/2 games in the South Division Standings. On Friday, the Quakes will send Hyun-Il Choi (2-2) to the mound against Noel Vela (1-2) in game four of the six-game set. Game time from Lake Elsinore will be 7:05pm.
On Tuesday, June 15th, the Quakes will return to LoanMart Field for a six-game series against the Visalia Rawhide. Tickets are available for all Quakes home games at rcquakes.com.
All games can be heard live with Mike Lindskog, by visiting our website at rcquakes.com and click the Listen Live button. You can also download the iHeart Radio app and find the RC Quakes Radio channel or on the Tune-In Radio app, by searching keyword Quakes. Have Amazon Alexa or a Google Home? You can use voice command to get the Quakes too, by enabling the Alexa and Google Skills for both iHeart Radio and Tune-In Radio.
• Discuss this story on the Low-A West League message board...
Low-A West League Stories from June 11, 2021
- Rawhide Open Valley Strong Ballpark to Full Capacity - Visalia Rawhide
- LoanMart Scholarship Deadline Extended - Rancho Cucamonga Quakes
- Rawhide Snap Ten-Game Losing Skid with 4-2 Win over Sixers - Inland Empire 66ers
- Storm Drop a Hard Fought Battle in Lake Elsinore - Lake Elsinore Storm
- Grizzlies Go Nuts in First Inning, Shell Modesto 12-1 Thursday - Fresno Grizzlies
- Ports Pound Giants, Win Streak Snapped at Four - San Jose Giants
- Ports Snap Skid in Style with 14-5 Romp over Giants - Stockton Ports
- Nuts Continue to Avoid Their First Shutout of the Year - Modesto Nuts
- Lewis Bomb Leads Quakes to Win - Rancho Cucamonga Quakes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.