Rangers Acquire John Albert and Hubert Labrie
NEW YORK, February 9, 2018 - New York Rangers General Manager Jeff Gorton announced today that the team has acquired forward John Albert and defenseman Hubert Labrie from the Washington Capitals in exchange for Adam Chapie and Joe Whitney. Whitney is signed to an AHL contract and had been playing with the Hartford Wolf Pack.
Albert, 29, has skated in 33 games with the Hershey Bears of the American Hockey League (AHL) this season, registering three goals and eight assists for 11 points, along with 10 penalty minutes. The 5-11, 179-pounder has played in 316 career AHL games over six seasons (2011-12 - 2015-16; 2017-18), registering 71 goals and 95 assists for 166 points, along with 114 penalty minutes. In addition, Albert skated in nine NHL games with the Winnipeg Jets during the 2013-14 season, recording one goal.
Labrie, 26, has skated in 35 AHL games with Hershey this season, registering one goal and six assists for seven points. The 5-11, 185-pounder has played in 316 career AHL games over seven seasons (2011-12 - 2017-18), registering 11 goals and 40 assists for 51 points, along with 350 penalty minutes. Labrie helped the Texas Stars win the Calder Cup during the 2013-14 season.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 9, 2018
- Griffins' Point Streak at Eight After 4-3 Overtime Win - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Crunch Earn Point in 4-3 Shootout Loss to Wolf Pack - Syracuse Crunch
- Wolves Lost in the Wild - Chicago Wolves
- Kirkland Hat Trick Propels Admirals to Win - Milwaukee Admirals
- Wolf Pack Earns Shootout Win over Syracuse - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Rampage Earn Point in 4-3 Overtime Loss to Grand Rapids - San Antonio Rampage
- Checkers Steamroll Springfield 5-2 in Return Home - Charlotte Checkers
- Total Team Effort Leads Phantoms 5-1 Past Rival Hershey - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- P-Bruins Shutout Penguins for Second Straight Match-Up - Providence Bruins
- Bears Suffer 5-1 Defeat to Phantoms Friday - Hershey Bears
- Penguins Fall to Bruins, 4-0 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Manitoba Tops Cleveland 4-2 - Manitoba Moose
- Monsters Trampled by Moose, 4-2 - Cleveland Monsters
- Chaput Grounds Rocket in Comets Overtime Win - Utica Comets
- Anaheim Ducks Announce Roster Moves - San Diego Gulls
- Iowa Wild Announces Five-Year Lease Extension with Polk County and Spectra Venue Management - Iowa Wild
- Ads Brave the Elements, Attempt to Cool Hogs Home Streak - Rockford IceHogs
- Rangers Acquire John Albert and Hubert Labrie - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Dahlstrom Recalled by Blackhawks - Rockford IceHogs
- D James De Haas Recalled by Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Sergey Zborovskiy Rejoins Wolf Pack - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Comets Sign David Dziurzynski and Justin Taylor to PTO - Utica Comets
- Rangers Recall John Gilmour from Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Rangers Assign Brendan Smith to Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- 131 American Hockey League Alumni Named to 2018 Olympic Rosters - AHL
- Canes Assign Jooris and Kruger to Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Game Preview: Condors Bring Back Live Condor Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- St. Louis Blues Recall Defenseman Chris Butler from San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- Iowa Wild Signs Forward Ryan White to Standard Player Contract - Iowa Wild
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.