Game Preview: Condors Bring Back Live Condor Tonight
CONDORSTOWN, Calif. - The Bakersfield Condors (17-18-7-1, .488) host the Ontario Reign (23-17-2-1, .570) on Dignity Health Home Ice at Rabobank Arena. Queen Victoria, the live Andean Condor, returns for an encore performance along with her partner King Edward. Click here to watch the viral video of her last performance, five years ago. The first 2,000 fans, 10 and older, will receive a Condors talking figurine which plays the broadcast call from the first performance. It is presented by HITS 93.1 FM.
Great seats start at just $12, click here to purchase. Check out the all-new Ice Level Lounge, free with a lower level ticket; watch the video here.
PROMOTION DETAILS: The first 2,000 fans, 10 and older, will receive a Condors talking figurine presented by HITS 93.1 FM. Queen Victoria and King Edward will both be on the ice and available for pictures on the concourse throughout the game. Cassie Dunlap, who performed the National Anthem for the first viral performance, will return to sing again tonight!
Tri Tip Dinner
Crossbar Craft Beer Pub
Ice Level Lounge (free with a lower level ticket, must be 21+)
BAKERSFIELD MARRIOTT POST-GAME AUTOGRAPH BOOTH: C Grayson Downing and RW Ty Rattie
The Bakersfield Condors conclude a four-game homestand against the Ontario Reign. Overall, the Condors are 2-1-0 againt Ontario, but have not seen the Reign since a 3-2 home loss on December 27.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
The Condors winless skid hit five games in a 8-0 home loss on Friday to Iowa. It was the worst home and overall loss for the Condors in their AHL tenure.
Ontario beat Iowa, 5-1, on Saturday at home. LW Michael Mersch had two goals and C TJ Hensick had three assists. Rookie G Cal Petersen earned his team-leading 12th victory of the season, stopping 22 of 23 shots.
Seven of the Condors final 25 games (28%) of the regular season are against Ontario.
HITTING THE ROAD
After tonight the Condors hit the road for four games starting tomorrow in Ontario. The trip continues with a game in San Diego next Wednesday and two in Tucson the following weekend. Six of the team's next eight games are away from Bakersfield.
With 25 games left in the regular season, the Condors find themselves seven points out of a playoff spot. Over the past two seasons, an average of 75 points has been the final qualifying position for postseason play in the Pacific Division. With 42 points currently, the Condors would need 34 points out of their final 25 games to match the pace of the past two seasons.
LW Braden Christoffer's 22 penalty minutes last Friday matched a Condors AHL high for one game set last season by F Joel Rechlicz... RW Ty Loney, acquired last week from Syracuse (AHL) is expected to make his Condors debut tonight... Tonight's game is number 1401 in franchise history.
After starting 0-6 on the season, including two losses at home to Bakersfield, the Reign are 23-11-2-1 (.662) in their last 37 games... Since being loaned to Ontario, veteran LW Matt Moulson has 28 points (7g-21) in 24 games. He is third in the AHL in scoring over that time... The leading scorer during that time is Reign C Mike Amadio who had 30 points (9g-21a) over 22 games and is currently on recall with the Los Angeles Kings.
2/6 - G Nic Riopel loaned to Wichita (ECHL)
2/3 - G Shane Starrett reassigned to Wichita (ECHL)
2/2 - G Laurent Brossoit assigned to Bakersfield
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 9, 2018
- Griffins' Point Streak at Eight After 4-3 Overtime Win - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Crunch Earn Point in 4-3 Shootout Loss to Wolf Pack - Syracuse Crunch
- Wolves Lost in the Wild - Chicago Wolves
- Kirkland Hat Trick Propels Admirals to Win - Milwaukee Admirals
- Wolf Pack Earns Shootout Win over Syracuse - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Rampage Earn Point in 4-3 Overtime Loss to Grand Rapids - San Antonio Rampage
- Checkers Steamroll Springfield 5-2 in Return Home - Charlotte Checkers
- Total Team Effort Leads Phantoms 5-1 Past Rival Hershey - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- P-Bruins Shutout Penguins for Second Straight Match-Up - Providence Bruins
- Bears Suffer 5-1 Defeat to Phantoms Friday - Hershey Bears
- Penguins Fall to Bruins, 4-0 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Manitoba Tops Cleveland 4-2 - Manitoba Moose
- Monsters Trampled by Moose, 4-2 - Cleveland Monsters
- Chaput Grounds Rocket in Comets Overtime Win - Utica Comets
- Anaheim Ducks Announce Roster Moves - San Diego Gulls
- Iowa Wild Announces Five-Year Lease Extension with Polk County and Spectra Venue Management - Iowa Wild
- Ads Brave the Elements, Attempt to Cool Hogs Home Streak - Rockford IceHogs
- Rangers Acquire John Albert and Hubert Labrie - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Dahlstrom Recalled by Blackhawks - Rockford IceHogs
- D James De Haas Recalled by Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Sergey Zborovskiy Rejoins Wolf Pack - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Comets Sign David Dziurzynski and Justin Taylor to PTO - Utica Comets
- Rangers Recall John Gilmour from Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Rangers Assign Brendan Smith to Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- 131 American Hockey League Alumni Named to 2018 Olympic Rosters - AHL
- Canes Assign Jooris and Kruger to Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Game Preview: Condors Bring Back Live Condor Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- St. Louis Blues Recall Defenseman Chris Butler from San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- Iowa Wild Signs Forward Ryan White to Standard Player Contract - Iowa Wild
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.