D James De Haas Recalled by Lehigh Valley
Lehigh Valley, PA - The Lehigh Valley Phantoms, proud AHL affiliate of the Philadelphia Flyers, have recalled from loan defenseman James de Haas from the Reading Royals of the ECHL .
A 23-year-old blueliner from Mississauga, Ontario, de Haas is in the midst of his first professional campaign and has split time this season between the Phantoms (19 games, 1 goal, 7 assists) and Royals (23 games, 5 goals, 13 assists) . A sixth-round selection (#170 overall) by the Detroit Red Wings in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft, he's coming off a four-year career at Clarkson University where he compiled 24 goals, 50 assists and 74 total points across 149 games with the Golden Knights.
Winners of seven of their last 10 games (7-2-1), the red-hot Phantoms continue this week's action with a pair of games at PPL Center this weekend. First, on Friday, February 9, Lehigh Valley hosts the rival Hershey Bears in downtown Allentown. Then, on Saturday, February 10, the Phantoms welcome the Rochester Americans, AHL affiliate of the Buffalo Sabres, to PPL Center for the first and only time this season. A limited number of tickets remain for Friday and Saturday's games and are available HERE.
Reserve your group outings for the 2017-2018 season of Phantoms hockey. For more information on how to reserve your seat at PPL Center to the hottest ticket in town, call the Phantoms front office today at 610-224-GOAL !
Images from this story
Lehigh Valley Phantoms Defenseman James De Haas
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 9, 2018
- Griffins' Point Streak at Eight After 4-3 Overtime Win - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Crunch Earn Point in 4-3 Shootout Loss to Wolf Pack - Syracuse Crunch
- Wolves Lost in the Wild - Chicago Wolves
- Kirkland Hat Trick Propels Admirals to Win - Milwaukee Admirals
- Wolf Pack Earns Shootout Win over Syracuse - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Rampage Earn Point in 4-3 Overtime Loss to Grand Rapids - San Antonio Rampage
- Checkers Steamroll Springfield 5-2 in Return Home - Charlotte Checkers
- Total Team Effort Leads Phantoms 5-1 Past Rival Hershey - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- P-Bruins Shutout Penguins for Second Straight Match-Up - Providence Bruins
- Bears Suffer 5-1 Defeat to Phantoms Friday - Hershey Bears
- Penguins Fall to Bruins, 4-0 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Manitoba Tops Cleveland 4-2 - Manitoba Moose
- Monsters Trampled by Moose, 4-2 - Cleveland Monsters
- Chaput Grounds Rocket in Comets Overtime Win - Utica Comets
- Anaheim Ducks Announce Roster Moves - San Diego Gulls
- Iowa Wild Announces Five-Year Lease Extension with Polk County and Spectra Venue Management - Iowa Wild
- Ads Brave the Elements, Attempt to Cool Hogs Home Streak - Rockford IceHogs
- Rangers Acquire John Albert and Hubert Labrie - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Dahlstrom Recalled by Blackhawks - Rockford IceHogs
- D James De Haas Recalled by Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Sergey Zborovskiy Rejoins Wolf Pack - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Comets Sign David Dziurzynski and Justin Taylor to PTO - Utica Comets
- Rangers Recall John Gilmour from Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Rangers Assign Brendan Smith to Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- 131 American Hockey League Alumni Named to 2018 Olympic Rosters - AHL
- Canes Assign Jooris and Kruger to Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Game Preview: Condors Bring Back Live Condor Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- St. Louis Blues Recall Defenseman Chris Butler from San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- Iowa Wild Signs Forward Ryan White to Standard Player Contract - Iowa Wild
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lehigh Valley Phantoms Stories
- Phantoms Clinch Playoff Berth with Standings Point at Providence
- Phantoms Clinch Berth in 2018 Calder Cup Playoffs
- G Anthony Stolarz Reassigned to Lehigh Valley
- First-Place Phantoms One Win Away from Postseason Berth
- F Steven Swavely Recalled by Lehigh Valley