Ads Brave the Elements, Attempt to Cool Hogs Home Streak
ROCKFORD, Ill. - The Rockford IceHogs host the Milwaukee Admirals Friday night boasting points in each of the last six home games at the BMO Harris Bank Center.
Puck drop is at 7 p.m. and fans can tune in to all the action on Cozi TV 23.3 or Dish Network Channel 252, beginning with IceHogs Warmup at 6:30 p.m. IceHogs fans can also listen to the game at sportsfanradio1330.com or watch live at AHLlive.com (subscription required).
Matchup: The IceHogs (25-18-3-3, 5th Central) snapped a three-game skid on Wednesday with a win against San Antonio and enter tonight's contest with a 4-0-1-1 record over their last six home games. Overall, Rockford is second in the AHL in both points (35) and wins (14) at home this season.
Forward Matthew Highmore became just the second IceHogs rookie to score 20 goals during the team's AHL affiliation with his pair of goals against the Rampage. The AHL All-Star enters tonight's tilt with a team-high 31 points on the season and is just one tally away from become the first IceHogs rookie (during AHL affiliation) with more than 20 goals in a single season.
In net, Collin Delia is seeking a second straight win after turning aside 33 of 34 pucks in Rockford's victory over San Antonio. The netminder has helped the Hogs earn points in seven of his last nine starts since Jan. 6.
Milwaukee (22-20-4-0, 6th Central) has dropped seven of its last 10 games, but enters Friday with a 4-2-0-0 edge in the season series against the IceHogs. The Admirals feature a pair of former Hogs standouts in Mark McNeill and P.C. Labrie, who have tallied six and 11 points, respectively, this season. Overall, the team is led in scoring by Emil Pettersson, a forward with a team-high 31 points on the year and eight points against Rockford in 2017-18.
Next Home Game: Tuesday, Feb. 13 | Rockford vs Cleveland Monsters (7 p.m.)
The IceHogs take on the Cleveland Monsters at 7 p.m. at the BMO Harris Bank Center. If the Hogs win, tickets from Tuesday's game can be redeemed for a ticket of equal or lesser value to the following Fas Fuel Winning Weekdays game on Wednesday, Feb. 28. Fans can also enjoy $2 tacos, select beer, and companion tickets as part of Taco Tuesday. Tickets can be purchased at IceHogs.com, by calling (815) 968-5222 or in-person at the BMO Harris Bank Center Box Office.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 9, 2018
- Griffins' Point Streak at Eight After 4-3 Overtime Win - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Crunch Earn Point in 4-3 Shootout Loss to Wolf Pack - Syracuse Crunch
- Wolves Lost in the Wild - Chicago Wolves
- Kirkland Hat Trick Propels Admirals to Win - Milwaukee Admirals
- Wolf Pack Earns Shootout Win over Syracuse - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Rampage Earn Point in 4-3 Overtime Loss to Grand Rapids - San Antonio Rampage
- Checkers Steamroll Springfield 5-2 in Return Home - Charlotte Checkers
- Total Team Effort Leads Phantoms 5-1 Past Rival Hershey - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- P-Bruins Shutout Penguins for Second Straight Match-Up - Providence Bruins
- Bears Suffer 5-1 Defeat to Phantoms Friday - Hershey Bears
- Penguins Fall to Bruins, 4-0 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Manitoba Tops Cleveland 4-2 - Manitoba Moose
- Monsters Trampled by Moose, 4-2 - Cleveland Monsters
- Chaput Grounds Rocket in Comets Overtime Win - Utica Comets
- Anaheim Ducks Announce Roster Moves - San Diego Gulls
- Iowa Wild Announces Five-Year Lease Extension with Polk County and Spectra Venue Management - Iowa Wild
- Ads Brave the Elements, Attempt to Cool Hogs Home Streak - Rockford IceHogs
- Rangers Acquire John Albert and Hubert Labrie - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Dahlstrom Recalled by Blackhawks - Rockford IceHogs
- D James De Haas Recalled by Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Sergey Zborovskiy Rejoins Wolf Pack - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Comets Sign David Dziurzynski and Justin Taylor to PTO - Utica Comets
- Rangers Recall John Gilmour from Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Rangers Assign Brendan Smith to Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- 131 American Hockey League Alumni Named to 2018 Olympic Rosters - AHL
- Canes Assign Jooris and Kruger to Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Game Preview: Condors Bring Back Live Condor Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- St. Louis Blues Recall Defenseman Chris Butler from San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- Iowa Wild Signs Forward Ryan White to Standard Player Contract - Iowa Wild
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.