Rangers Recall John Gilmour from Hartford
NEW YORK, February 9, 2018 - New York Rangers General Manager Jeff Gorton announced today that the team has recalled defenseman John Gilmour from the Hartford Wolf Pack of the American Hockey League (AHL).
Gilmour, 24, has skated in 44 games with the Wolf Pack this season, registering six goals and 20 assists for 26 points, along with 22 penalty minutes. He is tied for seventh among AHL defensemen in assists and points this season, and he also leads Wolf Pack defensemen in both categories. Gilmour participated in the 2018 AHL All-Star Classic, and he won the Fastest Skater title during the AHL All-Star Skills Competition on Jan. 28 with a time of 13.663 seconds, which is the fourth-fastest time in the event's history. He has registered four assists/points in his last six AHL contests.
The 6-0, 195-pounder has skated in 120 career AHL games over two seasons with Hartford, registering 12 goals and 39 assists for 51 points, along with 40 penalty minutes. Gilmour recorded 25 points (six goals, 19 assists) in his rookie season in the AHL in 2016-17, and he ranked 11th among AHL rookie defensemen in points. Prior to beginning his professional career, Gilmour played four seasons of collegiate hockey at Providence College (2012-13 - 2015-16), and he helped Providence win the National Championship in 2014-15.
The Montreal, Quebec, native was signed by the Rangers as a free agent on August 18, 2016. Gilmour was originally selected by Calgary in the seventh round, 198th overall, of the 2013 NHL Entry Draft.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 9, 2018
- Griffins' Point Streak at Eight After 4-3 Overtime Win - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Crunch Earn Point in 4-3 Shootout Loss to Wolf Pack - Syracuse Crunch
- Wolves Lost in the Wild - Chicago Wolves
- Kirkland Hat Trick Propels Admirals to Win - Milwaukee Admirals
- Wolf Pack Earns Shootout Win over Syracuse - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Rampage Earn Point in 4-3 Overtime Loss to Grand Rapids - San Antonio Rampage
- Checkers Steamroll Springfield 5-2 in Return Home - Charlotte Checkers
- Total Team Effort Leads Phantoms 5-1 Past Rival Hershey - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- P-Bruins Shutout Penguins for Second Straight Match-Up - Providence Bruins
- Bears Suffer 5-1 Defeat to Phantoms Friday - Hershey Bears
- Penguins Fall to Bruins, 4-0 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Manitoba Tops Cleveland 4-2 - Manitoba Moose
- Monsters Trampled by Moose, 4-2 - Cleveland Monsters
- Chaput Grounds Rocket in Comets Overtime Win - Utica Comets
- Anaheim Ducks Announce Roster Moves - San Diego Gulls
- Iowa Wild Announces Five-Year Lease Extension with Polk County and Spectra Venue Management - Iowa Wild
- Ads Brave the Elements, Attempt to Cool Hogs Home Streak - Rockford IceHogs
- Rangers Acquire John Albert and Hubert Labrie - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Dahlstrom Recalled by Blackhawks - Rockford IceHogs
- D James De Haas Recalled by Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Sergey Zborovskiy Rejoins Wolf Pack - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Comets Sign David Dziurzynski and Justin Taylor to PTO - Utica Comets
- Rangers Recall John Gilmour from Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Rangers Assign Brendan Smith to Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- 131 American Hockey League Alumni Named to 2018 Olympic Rosters - AHL
- Canes Assign Jooris and Kruger to Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Game Preview: Condors Bring Back Live Condor Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- St. Louis Blues Recall Defenseman Chris Butler from San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- Iowa Wild Signs Forward Ryan White to Standard Player Contract - Iowa Wild
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.