Iowa Wild Signs Forward Ryan White to Standard Player Contract
DES MOINES, IOWA - Iowa Wild General Manager Brent Flahr announced today the American Hockey League (AHL) club signed forward Ryan White to a standard player contract (SPC) for the remainder of the 2017-18 season.
White, 29 (3/17/1988), rejoins the Wild organization after spending 19 games with Minnesota Wild during the 2016-17 season, where he registered three points (1g, 2a). Most recently, the 6-foot, 200-pound native of Brandon, Manitoba, played 21 games for San Diego Gulls, where he amassed nine points (3g, 6a) and 52 PIM. In parts of six AHL seasons with Hamilton Bulldogs, Lehigh Valley Phantoms and the Gulls, White registered 92 points (39g, 53a) and 435 PIM in 211 games.
White has also spent time as a member of the Montreal Canadiens, Philadelphia Flyers and Arizona Coyotes in addition to the Wild, playing in 313 NHL games, recording 61 points (31g, 30a) and 447 PIM.
Originally selected by Montreal in the third round (66th overall) in the 2006 NHL entry-draft, White played four seasons with Calgary Hitmen of the Western Hockey League. In juniors, White registered 237 points (91g, 146a) and 411 PIM in 275 games.
White joins Iowa as the team begins a five-game homestand at Wells Fargo Arena. The first game is against Chicago Wolves Friday, with puck drop at 7:00 p.m.
The Iowa Wild 2017-18 season is presented by Mercy Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 9, 2018
- Griffins' Point Streak at Eight After 4-3 Overtime Win - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Crunch Earn Point in 4-3 Shootout Loss to Wolf Pack - Syracuse Crunch
- Wolves Lost in the Wild - Chicago Wolves
- Kirkland Hat Trick Propels Admirals to Win - Milwaukee Admirals
- Wolf Pack Earns Shootout Win over Syracuse - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Rampage Earn Point in 4-3 Overtime Loss to Grand Rapids - San Antonio Rampage
- Checkers Steamroll Springfield 5-2 in Return Home - Charlotte Checkers
- Total Team Effort Leads Phantoms 5-1 Past Rival Hershey - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- P-Bruins Shutout Penguins for Second Straight Match-Up - Providence Bruins
- Bears Suffer 5-1 Defeat to Phantoms Friday - Hershey Bears
- Penguins Fall to Bruins, 4-0 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Manitoba Tops Cleveland 4-2 - Manitoba Moose
- Monsters Trampled by Moose, 4-2 - Cleveland Monsters
- Chaput Grounds Rocket in Comets Overtime Win - Utica Comets
- Anaheim Ducks Announce Roster Moves - San Diego Gulls
- Iowa Wild Announces Five-Year Lease Extension with Polk County and Spectra Venue Management - Iowa Wild
- Ads Brave the Elements, Attempt to Cool Hogs Home Streak - Rockford IceHogs
- Rangers Acquire John Albert and Hubert Labrie - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Dahlstrom Recalled by Blackhawks - Rockford IceHogs
- D James De Haas Recalled by Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Sergey Zborovskiy Rejoins Wolf Pack - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Comets Sign David Dziurzynski and Justin Taylor to PTO - Utica Comets
- Rangers Recall John Gilmour from Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Rangers Assign Brendan Smith to Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- 131 American Hockey League Alumni Named to 2018 Olympic Rosters - AHL
- Canes Assign Jooris and Kruger to Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Game Preview: Condors Bring Back Live Condor Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- St. Louis Blues Recall Defenseman Chris Butler from San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- Iowa Wild Signs Forward Ryan White to Standard Player Contract - Iowa Wild
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.